At Coventor Inc. (a Lam Research company), we build innovative software products to solve semiconductor technology challenges. Our leading 3D modeling software is revolutionizing the way that semiconductor chips are fabricated around the world. Enabled by our core intellectual property - an accelerated 3D voxel modeling and visualization engine - our software is highly successful and is evolving fast as our business and customer base expand rapidly.
As lead development operations engineer, you will play a key role in supporting and enabling our growing software engineering organization. You will guide technology choices and engineering decisions for our continuous integration system, upgrading bandwidth and turn-around time. You'll work closely with our software engineering teams and with our IT support organization to achieve more robust, scalable automated testing and release procedures. This is a hands-on engineering position with significant opportunity for leadership exposure and career growth.
Great engineering is Coventor's heart and soul. Our software is envisioned and created by world-class engineers in many disciplines: software engineering, numerical physics, statistics, electrical engineering, quality assurance and development operations. Since our inception as an MIT spin-off in Technology Square, we've built an experienced management team able to incite fast product evolution through agile process. At Coventor, you will have autonomy and responsibility to take initiative and turn your ideas into great products.
* Oversee, maintain and improve our continuous integration systems on a new 100 core hardware platform
* Guide and participate in improvements to our repository hosting, binary repository and other development support platforms
* Create and update installers for our products
* Work with QA and marketing to distribute releases to customers
* Represent development operations needs to management and IT
* Work with our central IT support organization to coordinate IT infrastructure improvements
* Team player who enjoys supporting and working with others
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
* Minimum 6 years professional experience in development operations (or similar role)
* Ability to manage projects by gathering requirements, aligning stakeholders, defining deliverables, and tracking execution
* Experience with GIT or Mercurial
* Experience with a continuous integration system (TeamCity, Jenkins, or similar)
* Experience with one or more scripting languages (batch, bash, Python, etc)
* Systematic work style and excellent attention to detail
* Experience working on both Windows and Linux
Experience in the following areas would be a bonus:
* People management and/or project management experience
* Understanding of IT requirements for DevOps systems
* Experience with CI implementation in the cloud (Azure, AWS or similar)
* Experience with InstallShield, InstallAnywhere or Windows Installer
* Experience with gmake, scons or cmake
* Windows and Linux system administration
About Lam Research
Lam Research is a supplier of semiconductor manufacturing equipment and services to chipmaking companies.