Staff Network Engineer
As a member of the Core BizTech Experience (Core BTX) team at Slack, you will be part of a team of engineers who specialize in delivering reliable infrastructure and SaaS services to our users. Slack is a global company, and these services are critical to ensuring our employees have delightful technology experiences.
The Core BTX Engineering team is seeking a senior network engineer with an accomplished background in administration and automation. The Network Engineer will partner with our SF-based team to design, implement, and support our global network footprint.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture-we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
* Design, implement, and support scalable networking solutions to address a variety of business challenges.
* Excel in a dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and work not only on projects, but also provide operational support.
* Be a collaborative teammate that will work across multi-functional groups and mentor others.
* Drive consistent improvement by refining tooling, automation, and documentation.
* Provision and solve carrier transport and IP transit circuits.
* Configure and administer network monitoring tools.
* Configure and administer routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment.
* Fix network failures and performance issues.
* Occasionally be required to travel domestically and internationally.
* Participate in an on-call rotation covering all of the above.
* Maintain and implement network configuration and security compliance standards.
* Identify internal process and automation improvements and deploy scalable technical solutions.
* Work proficiently with minimal daily mentorship and bring mature seasoned skills when working with production systems.
* Build and maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
What you should have
* 12+ years of hands-on experience with routing, switching and enterprise wireless technologies.
* Solid understanding and hands-on experience with network routing protocols and configuration, specifically BGP and OSPF.
* Fundamental understanding of enterprise network design, including office, campus, and global connectivity.
* A dedication to maintaining a consistent end-user experience on a global network scale.
* Advanced knowledge of enterprise wireless design, deployment and troubleshooting.
* Advanced knowledge of network layer security including: Firewalls, 802.1.x, Network Authentication Systems, and VPN technologies.
* Strong knowledge of network device monitoring, logging, and automation solutions.
* Desired experience with Meraki switches and access points.
* Desired experience in multiple hardware vendor syntaxes including Juniper, Cisco IOS/AireOS, Arista
* B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
* You have the ability to gracefully react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through.
* You have the ability to balance contending priorities and work alone or within a team equally well.
* You have excellent reliability, dependability, and integrity.
* You have solid attention to detail and accuracy.
* You have great people and communication skills and are driven to solve people's problems.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to