Our security team is looking for a talented Security Engineer to help us strengthen our world-class business. As a valued team member, you will identify, evaluate, provision and maintain controls, providing visibility into the health, and security of our environment. Our tools are used both day-to-day in routine monitoring as well as during outages or incidents when there is urgency and every minute counts.
You will be collaborating closely with IT engineering, operations and technology groups to define and maintain security, using modern technologies in traditional on-premise environment, and public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) infrastructure with a global footprint. You are a highly motivated to integrate security capabilities into a dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Meeting with business stakeholders to ensure business requirements are being accounted for.
* Providing technical and non-technical advice in the selection & support of a security products.
* Assisting in planning, implementation, and management of security tools.
* Researching and tracking current security threats.
* Creating and updating elements of security governance (policies, procedures, standards).
* Responding to incidents, performing forensic investigations, and assisting with eDiscovery tasks.
Additional responsibilities include working in a team environment to design and implement secure architectures for the enterprise. Position will provide leadership and expertise to develop security strategies, designs, and security solutions.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or engineering preferred
* 7+ years of experience with large / mid-size Enterprise IT
* 7+ years of experience with large / mid-size Information Security programs
* Possession of or working toward the following professional qualifications: CISSP, or SANS certifications
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Previous experience deploying and operating security tools. Bonus if they include:
* Google Rapid Response (GRR)
* Netskope CASB
* Digital Guardian DLP
* Palo Alto firewalls
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf