What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities' hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it's also one of the world's least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That's why we're looking for a talented Staff Frontend Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Frontend Engineer at Procore, you're given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we'll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We're looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
* Establish standards for development teams and lead initiatives in collaboration with Product, Quality Assurance, User Experience, and other internal groups
* Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
* Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
* Have a significant impact that extends beyond the boundaries of your team, on projects such as:
* Scalability: This is a great chance to work on live, core systems with millions of users.
* Performance Considerations:. As a large, enterprise application, it is vital that Procore's code minimizes payload size, maximizes the use of deferred scripts, and consumes the lowest possible amount of browser resources.
* Developer Tooling: We create, maintain, and contribute to our own custom framework and component library built in React.
* Code Quality & Automated Testing: We strive for Test Driven Development currently we use Jest) in all of our front-end development.
What we're looking for:
* 7+ years experience in Object Oriented Program and/or Functional Programming fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles.
* Proven experience with web tooling (Webpack, Jest, NPM, Babel, etc).
* Understand the tradeoffs between technical, analytical and product goals, and are adept at formulating solutions that satisfy all of these needs
* Experience in working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
* Experience in working and developing RESTful APIs
* Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course correct as needed
* Proven expertise with modern web development including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
* Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions-both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.
About Procore Technologies
Procore Technologies is a company that develops a cloud-based construction management software application.