Unity powers over half of all the world's games and over two thirds of the world's VR and AR products. We put the most powerful creative tools in the hands of millions of developers and artists through our foundational principle of Democratization of Development. We are hard at work integrating revolutionary monetization systems deep into the core of Unity's engine. Combining data from over a billion players with advanced deep learning technology and in house proprietary analytics. The goal: to make our customers more successful and their consumers happier.
Unity is looking for a Staff Data Engineer, Monetization who will join a team focusing on building the next generation of Unity's monetization suite. As the leading development platform for online and mobile games, Unity is helping take developer's creations further and faster than ever before. Unity Monetization enables developers to build a business through advertising, in-app purchase and analytics. Our fast growing business requires a Staff Data Engineer, Monetization to care about system scalability, performance and processing big volumes of data. In addition, the system functional requirements also drive us towards use of rule engines and machine learning.
* Build, scale, and maintain data pipelines to process billions of daily events into our data warehouses
* Write and tune complex Java, MapReduce, Spark, and Hive jobs
* Explore available technologies and design solutions to continuously improve our data quality, workflow reliability, scalability while reporting performance and capabilities
* Troubleshoot data issues and build customized reports to investigate key business questions
* Work closely with the Unity Engine, Ads, Analytics and Game Services teams worldwide
* Drive key business initiatives with multiple teams and stakeholders across the organization
* Mentor and help engineers grow
* Work across teams to instill engineering best practices and patterns
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
* Experience with relational databases, SQL, and map-reduce languages (Pig, Hive)
* Understanding of how different data storage engines work and what are the limitations (SQL, NoSQL, key-value stores)
* Knowledge of Java, C++, C and GO or Node.js
* Experience with Druid or other time series based data storage solution
* Deep knowledge building high-performance, high-availability, distributed systems
* Experience with Kafka, Spark, Cassandra
* Extensive experience working with big data and designing ETL pipelines from end to end
* Expert with one RDMS, familiarity with PostgreSQL and Redshift
* Knowledge of ad serving platforms and online advertising systems
* Experience in game development
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and - working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft - ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.