With all the investments made in analytics, it's time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It's time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It's the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today's analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Staff Cloud Front-End Software Engineer
Teradata, the world's leading data analytics company is looking for software engineers who are passionate about building cloud services to join our Teradata Cloud team. This is a unique opportunity to join our team in a period of fast growth and expansion. If you are interested in working in a startup environment where you can directly influence the future of cloud based analytics solutions and services, then the Teradata Cloud is the place for you. You will actively define and implement state of the art technical solutions, including capabilities to support elastic scalability, on-demand self-service, disaster recovery, and usage based consumption, to enable customers to solve their most complex data analytics challenges.
Teradata Cloud seeks a Frontend Engineer to build our next generation customer experience. You will work closely with product managers and UX designers to build a self-service SaaS product platform for new and existing Teradata database products. As a Frontend Engineer, you will help build a set of libraries, reusable components and best practices to help other teams painlessly create user-centered web applications.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
* Solid web application engineering experience with a frontend focus
* A passion for responsive UX, cloud technology, and API design
* Demonstrated proficiency with at least one modern general-purpose programming languages like Java, C++, Go, Python, etc.
* 2+ years of experience with Angular, RxJS, SaSS, Webpack, Gulp or equivalent technologies
* Experience building RESTful web services
* Demonstrated proficiency in building an end-to-end user experience as part of a service oriented product
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
* Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
* Experience with AWS or Azure or other public cloud providers
* Experience working as a full stack engineer is a plus
* Experience working with large data sets including NoSQL data stores
* Knowledge of relational database engines
* Familiarity with DevOps software development methods
* Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems
* Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, AWS CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Vagrant, Terraform, etc.
* Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Teradata is a company which provides analytic data platforms, applications, and services for data warehousing and analytic technologies.