This position is located in Washington, DC at the Department of Transportation Headquarters' Building and is assigned to provide the below described services in support of the operations and maintenance of both a physical and virtual Infrastructure. The candidate will be assigned to the Network Engineering Team and serves as a Senior Network Engineer in the Information Technology Shared Services' (DOT ITSS) organization under the Office of the Secretary. The work is performed in a Cisco environment that provides services to over 12,000 networked PCs (laptops and desktops) and 900 servers, including systems located primarily within two data centers, and specific file and print servers located at approximately 160 field locations and 260 offices. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, installing, implementing and administering network systems, and providing Tier III support. Also includes analyzing capacity issues and developing capacity planning models and for ensuring planned activities and incidents and change request tasks are executed. The candidate's duties will include, but not limited to, being the lead wireless engineer, responsible for deployment, administration and troubleshooting of the Cisco wireless infrastructure.
The candidate is responsible for the engineering, operations, and administration of the environment, including:
* Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
* Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
* Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or demonstrated equivalent experience of at least four years in similar senior team leadership position(s).
* CCNA or greater equivalent demonstrable experience
* Experience with Cisco Unified Wireless networking to include; 802.11a, b, g & n, LWAPP, CAPWAP, FlexConnect, WCS, WLC and APs, Prime Infrastructure, including deployment, management and troubleshooting
* Experience with Cisco AnyConnect on ASAs, ISE (Identity Services Engine)
* Experience with Cisco enterprise grade products to include: Nexus 5000 and 7000, Catalyst 6500, 4500, ISR G2, ASA, IPS/IDS, TACACS+, AnyConnect, Experience with Load Balancer technology, e.g., F5, Netscaler
* Ability to configure and troubleshoot Cisco routers and switches
* Deep IPv6 understanding
* Excellent written and verbal communications
* Comfortable responding and reporting to Executive-level managers
* Knowledge of Remedy or other CRM Tools
* Familiarity with network, server, storage virtualization, i.e. Cisco Nexus SAN switching, VSAN, VRF, VPN, and VMWare vSphere.
* Advanced knowledge of IOS, NX-OS, MPLS, BGP, and OSPF.
* Experience with IPAM systems, Lucent Vital-QIP a plus.
* Experience with Load Balancer technology, e.g., F5, Netscaler
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.