Santander Consumer Usa
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company's information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company's information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: Software Engineering
Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and updating electronic data systems in accordance with the needs of the company. Activities include evaluating, scheduling and resourcing development projects, investigating user needs, writing, testing and maintaining computer programs, and preparing systems documentation. Executes technical plans, system analysis, detailed design specifications, development, unit and component testing.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Associate, Application Development serves as a senior level developer and/or project manager for multiple application initiatives. Analyzes, designs, develops and maintains software applications to support business units. Controls and/or provides solutions to single and/or multiple organizations, with minimal management guidance. Provides advanced technical expertise in analyzing, designing, estimating, and developing software applications to project schedule. Oversees systems design and implementation of most complex design components. Creates project plans and deliverables and monitors task deadlines. S/he oversees, maintains and supports existing software applications and provides subject matter expertise in reviewing, analyzing, and resolving complex issues.
* Programs WordPress themes and plugins
* Establishes infrastructure standards and requirements.
* Evaluates, directs and supports Web Application Server system enhancements and performs quality assurance functions.
* Provides highest degree of technical engineering and support to the team.
* Researches and implements solutions for Basis and/or Web Application Server functionality in the areas of performance monitoring and tuning and systems configuration, design and implementation.
* Contributes to the design and delivery of complex projects to achieve key business objectives.
* Leads efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
* Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other team members.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Education -
* Bachelor's Degree: Information Technology or equivalent field.
* or equivalent work experience
* Experience -
* 9-12 years Information Technology, Technical Application Development, or similar experience.
* Skills & Abilities -
* Proficiency in HTML and CSS
* Strong communication and presentation skills, as well as strong/proven management skills.
* Ability to continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
* Provides strong leadership to the various team members through mentoring, career development, interpersonal skills, teamwork ethic, and enabling leadership skills.
* Proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including web development, service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, test driven development and domain driven design.
* Strong services oriented architecture experience.
* Ability to lead multiple sub-teams through example and persuasion.
* Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
* Ability to develop and maintain applicable industry knowledge and best practices.
* Ability to stay up to date on industry trends.
* Ability to foresee/ predict industry direction.
* Experience in developing and managing multi-tier architecture applications.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Curiosity and aptitude for working within new technologies and partnering with others to create custom solutions to fit unique business needs, Innovation and future strategy
* Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
* Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
* Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
* This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
* The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
About Santander Consumer Usa
Car Loans and Auto Refinance