What are your favorite memories? How do you recall them? How do you tell stories to others? To yourself? How do you keep your most precious memories safe? These are the ideas that inspire us at Amazon Photos. Our goal is to be the simplest, most natural connection to your memories, and we are growing quickly to do it. The Amazon Photos Design and Research team is dedicated to being the best-in-class customer experience within this highly visual, emotive, and personal space.
We are seeking an organized, self-motivated and ownership-minded Sr. UX Program Manager to be the force-multiplier who leads Design Operations for our UX Design & Research team, amplifying our efforts and impact by partnering strategically with leadership, and executing tactically.
User Experience (UX) Program Managers provide program management leadership and operational support throughout design organizations and across functional teams by increasing communication and connection points, streamlining the UX design process, and driving product excellence. You will coordinate the work of UX Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers. In this role, you'll combine expert project management skills with a passion for user experience to help your team improve the designs of products that are used by billions of users. You'll work cross-functionally and collaborate with managers, designers and engineering teams to plan projects, define milestones, assess risks, and help projects meet deadlines. As a UX Program Manager, you will also manage all project-related communications to team members, executives and other stakeholders. You are a master planner and a flexible project manager who can balance multiple projects.
* Collaborate with and support UX team leads in delivering the highest level of trust-building and strategic counsel through all project interactions.
* Act as a bridge between UX, Engineering, and Product Management (PM) teams, connecting all three groups and making sure interdependencies are understood and planned for.
* Drive design efficiency by assessing gaps and identifying opportunities. Implement an inspecting mechanism, process and tools around documentation, reviews, asset management and other key design operations.
* Collaborate with UX team leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval processes.
* Work across your team and the Amazon design and research community to create strong relationships with other teams, stakeholders and senior leaders
* Author written narratives to explain our work
* Define success metrics and be responsible for ensuring their implementation for all our work
* Orchestrate successful delivery for multiple projects simultaneously.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.