BrightBytes, the leading end-to-end data management solution for education organizations, provides educators with the power to turn big data into big benefits for students. With the data integration platform, DataSense™, BrightBytes enables educators to cleanse, integrate, and bi-directionally manage complex data from multiple systems. The decision support platform, Clarity®, then analyzes and organizes meaningful data across research-based frameworks to deliver visualized, actionable information that drives student learning.
BrightBytes has assembled a team of over 100 Ivy-League data scientists, creative engineers, world-class researchers and inspirational education leaders. We hire mission-driven individuals who are eager to apply their educational expertise in a fast-paced, fun, entrepreneurial environment that delivers the tools that educators need to improve children's lives.
The BrightBytes Design team owns the end-to-end experience for all audiences that engage with the BrightBytes brand. Our product design team is comprised of UI, UX, and Visual Designers who own design across multiple products on the Clarity Platform as well as numerous public-facing educational sites for entire counties and states.
What You'll Do:
* Invent scalable, user-centric design solutions that translate to engaging and educative experiences for our customers.
* Help to mature and evolve BrightBytes' design systems and patterns.
* Utilize strong design intuition and storytelling techniques to create visuals that form compelling user experiences. These visuals may take the form of wireframes, high-fidelity designs, prototypes, user flow maps, etc.
* Define methods for and lead user interviews/testing end-to-end in collaboration with product managers and client-facing team members. Synthesize results into actionable and trustworthy findings to inform product decisions.
* Oversee and constructively guide the work of Jr. Designers, ensuring delivered work is of high quality.
* Hands on participation with recruiting, hiring, and mentoring as the company grows.
* Communicate effectively with design peers, cross-functional teams, customers, and company leadership to advocate and share knowledge.
Who You Are:
* Cares deeply about producing work that is mission-driven and solves real problems.
* 6+ years of experience designing a complex product or platform, i.e. SaaS and Data-centric applications.
* Passionate about design, art, and is highly skilled at crafting beautiful and user-friendly interfaces.
* Owns projects no matter how big or small and proactively leads their own initiatives.
* Track record of hiring and mentoring; finds fulfillment in helping others succeed.
* Proficient in design software like Sketch and Invision and is self-motivated to continually learn new technologies, tools and methods.
* Collaborates well cross-functionally with a wide variety of personality types.
* Comfortable and confident in speaking and leading group sessions.
This is a full-time position at our San Francisco office.
A design portfolio (link or PDF) is required to be considered for this position. Please attach with your resume.