Newsy, America's fastest growing news network, is seeking a Sr. Designer to work and collaborate with the Newsy Creative Director to lead the conceptualization and execution of the visual representation of Newsy's unique brand through UI/UX design across multiple platforms.
What you'll do:
* Owning the UI/UX design of smart television, mobile, and web apps, and working with the product and editorial teams to implement the news industry's best video experience.
* Designing new products and features that meet key business and user goals
* Creating flows, wireframes, specs, and other UX documentation for these products and features
* Working closely with development team to conceptualize, design and implement
* Utilize user feedback (qualitative/quantitative) to optimize existing UX/UI designs and inform new ones
* Work collaboratively with the Scripps digital creative team on marketing and sales-related creative projects to ensure a seamless consumer brand experience across all touchpoints.
* Contribute to the editorial team by collaborating with motion graphic designers to create a cohesive design ethos between interface elements and on-screen graphics.
What you bring:
* Whiteboarding, wireframing, storyboarding
* UI design (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Figma, and Sketch)
* Experience with front-end development and is a plus
* Brand development and design
* Exceptional communication and organization skills-must be competent working with remote teams
* Self-motivated, passionate person with a desire to learn and grow
* Able to adapt and balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
* Stellar conceptual and problem-solving abilities
* Excellent attention to detail
* Able to present your work, excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
At least five years' experience in interface design or similar required. Bachelor's degree in fine arts or graphic design desired.
Newsy is an over-the-top news network that provides "news with the why," built to inform and engage by delivering today's top stories across platforms. Its content is available in on-demand and linear formats on over-the-top (OTT) services including Hulu, Apple TV, Sling TV, Watchable from Comcast, Pluto TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast; connected television including Xumo; on mobile for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire; and at newsy.com.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.