At Asurion, we don't just redefine-we reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn't confined by hierarchy. As a result, we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It's in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a difference-for our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000 team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We encourage creativity from our engineers every step of the way, working with various teams including product, user experience, call center operations, mobile and systems. Our teams are small enough to make fast decisions, yet our audience is large enough that our work makes a tremendous impact.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensure performance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product that delivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? We're looking for developers who are passionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch! We're a Great Place to Work (officially certified) and The Muse called us one of "16 Companies as Innovative as Apple."
We are looking for a full-stack developer to join our platform team, Ideal candidate would be adaptable to work across tech stack and pick new skills quickly and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be extremely confident and comfortable with taking ownership of the front-end and middleware component of our product and be able to deliver high quality additions to the codebase.
* Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
* Ability to build elegant and rich web applications
* Integrates UX/UI designs and wireframes into a user-friendly and intuitive interface
* Employs versatile and optimized code and libraries
* Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
* Rapidly prototypes upcoming features, tools and solutions as part of regular update
* Raises the quality bar and design standards
* Conducts code reviews with peers and management
* Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department's scope
* Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager and/or Sr. Manager.
* Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
* Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or related field
* Minimum 3 years of overall software development experience required
* Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
* Experience in NodeJS is a plus
* Preferred web-based enterprise software development experience
* Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements-A knack for benchmarking and optimization- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
* Exposure and experience working with CI/CD, designing and building REST APIs with JSON
* Experience being a technical leader preferred
* Experience managing multiple priorities in high-stress, time sensitive environments
* Experience with object-oriented design and implementation
* Ability to design and implement appropriate infrastructures to support cross platform and cross database environments, provide scalability and two-node implementation
* Experience developing applications servicing large transactional system utilizing SQL Server and/or other equivalent large-scale DBMS (e.g. Oracle) preferred