Job Title: Sr. Tools Programmer
Reporting To: Technical Director, Tools
Department: Central Tech
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Central Technology (CT) is a group of engineers that collaborate with Activision studios to provide expertise in tools, graphics, systems engineering, and optimization.
The CT tools engineers at times support all parts of the asset creation, build pipelines, and automation across the studios. For example, we provide a centralized server farm, with bespoke systems for continuous integration and testing. We offer expertise in devops-style automation.
Our work also takes us into studio-specific tools, where we help with robustness, optimization, and occasional feature development.
We thrive on finding root causes of instability and slowdowns. We obsess about details and quality.
Today we are looking for engineers at all levels of seniority to help drive these efforts forward. If you are passionate about helping others, excited about unlocking team productivity, and overall love to solve problems, we want to talk with you!
* Assist in designing, developing and maintaining tools, testing frameworks, and build services and infrastructure
* Maintain a solid understanding of the production pipelines at our studios
* Write clear, maintainable, well-commented, and highly functional code
* Profile, analyze, and optimize tools, processes, and pipelines
* Work on run time engine tasks as needed to support specific project requirements
* 3+ years professional programming experience on large software projects
* Solid software engineering skills, including the ability to write robust, maintainable, well-architected code
* Strong programming and scripting skills in C++, Python, and other languages
* Knowledge of continuous integration platforms and version control systems
* Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively with multiple teams and developers
* Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
* Self-motivated and able to quickly learn new areas of development
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.