What's the role?
HERE's Highly Automated Driving (HAD) division is responsible for building and maintaining an accurate, up-to-date map for self-driving cars. As a Test Automation Engineer on HAD's Publication team, you will work on a scrum team of energetic and dedicated engineers to develop large scale cloud based pipelines to construct and publish HD Map used by autonomous vehicles to localize themselves and better understand the road ahead.
Candidates should have a passion for technology, excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment. This role will be part of a small team of engineers who own infrastructure services and delivery of our cloud-hosted applications. The team provides infrastructure technology design and selection, systems management and administration, and delivery of our data processing platform. We work closely with Product team and other Engineering teams to ensure only the highest quality and supportable releases go into production.
The right candidate will have experience with aspects of the production software lifecycle, from working with stakeholders to creating development and testing plans, the selection of required tools and technologies, software development and testing, as well as deployment of software to production ready, stable environments. Candidates should have production experience including knowledge of continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated testing disciplines.
Our collaborative environment offers a good work-life balance, challenging tasks focused on parallel processing of large data sets, and a modern code base written in Scala and Spark that runs on AWS. As a scrum team member, responsibilities span the entire software development process, and include:
* Developing code following TDD best practices for Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), of systems, infrastructure, and test framework
* Peer reviewing and testing code changes by other team members
* Clarifying requirements and writing test coverage for software features
* Manage releases to SIT, CIT and Production include it in existing CI/CD
* Deployment of production ready systems and infrastructure
* Maintain & run manual Zephyr Tests from Story updates
* Perform manual story verifications
* Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects
* Delivery Platform (DP) migration on HERE internal Open Location Platform architecture
* Ensure the effective monitoring of all aspects of system and application behavior, ensuring compliance with SLAs and performance requirements
* Periodic support, including Splunk Alerts and HDP Support tickets
* Participate as a member of agile development teams to drive service quality and adoption of operational best practices
Who are you?
Are you a quick learner, have an eye for detail, and strong problem-solving and debugging skills? You will also have:
* BS/MS in Computer Science and 3+ years' professional software experience
* Familiarity with big data processing using Map Reduce (Hadoop), Apache Spark
* Experience writing Java 8+, with unit tests (Mockito, Junit, Cucumber)
* Build configuration using Maven
* Experience with public cloud, specifically AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, IAM, Cloud Formation)
* Distributed source control systems, particularly Git (with Gerrit), Gitlab
* Familiarity with both object-oriented and functional programming paradigms, data structures and time complexity
* Strong and articulate communication skills, both oral and written, in English
What do we offer?
* Join the most exciting industry of mapping and autonomous driving
* An opportunity to work with extraordinary developers
* Challenging problems to solve
* Work that makes a difference in the world
* Freedom to decide how to perform your work
* Variety in the types of projects
* Collaborative, Supportive Colleagues
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.