Astro Gaming's Console Gaming Engineering Team is looking for a top-class software engineering project leader, motivated to drive the next generation of Windows, Mac and Mobile Software and Applications from concept to launch in Gaming products
The ideal candidate is a highly-organized and detail-oriented software project/program manager with a track record of delivering best-in-class products on time and on budget.
The successful candidate should be an outstanding manager of a cross-functional, global project/ program team, capable of leading and supporting multiple program/ project execution tasks with a "hands on" style that affords a high degree of personal interaction with the process.
* Merging customer, market requirements and user needs with business requirements, budgetary restrictions and logistical considerations, lead the scheduling, cost, resource planning and prioritization of our software projects. You will often be required to help with in-depth evaluation and selection of various factors affecting the defining and planning of the software projects.
* You may lead or participate in preparation of proposals, statements of work and specifications. Your expert knowledge of state-of-the-art processes and techniques will be very valuable to the creation of these work products.
* You will lead or assist with procuring internal and external resources for the assigned project. You will allocate project staff with the required competencies to meet the project objectives
* You will liaison between internal and external teams and work and manage external teams and resources. Your expertise and knowledge will be invaluable in anticipating and preventing potential problems and proactively creating or proposing new processes and procedures to drive results.
* You will/may manage or assist in managing complex vendor relationships
* With your deep knowledge and practical experience with JIRA and MS Project, coupled with Agile SCRUM/Sprint methodology, drive the project backlogs and monitor/drive our partners output with regular monitoring, feedback and reporting back on their sprints and deliverables.
* Driving risk management and timely reporting of escalations related to scope, schedule and human/financial resources, deliver clear, concise and frequent communication of the status of project execution and compliance or deviation with the target business objectives, to the project and business teams, as well as senior management. On deviations, deliver alternatives to mitigate the deviation(s).
* You may be required to drive process improvement(s) across departments and/or recommends program enhancements
* You will be expected to provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
* Proven record of leading project execution from concept to launch of complex technical System Software and Applications for audio and gaming peripherals.
* Experienced in managing software projects for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android Operating System environments, Mobile and Cloud deployments. Experience in project management of audio related applications is a plus.
* Hands-on knowledge of SW program management tools like Atlassian JIRA and MS Project, as well as a strong knowledge of the Agile SCRUM methodology
* Experienced in establishing aggressive but realistic schedules iteratively in the context of scope changes
* Effective inter-personal skills for working with a global program/ project team, including but not limited to, HW Engineering, Product Qualification and Product Management
* Self-directed, with a high level of organizational skills for facilitating project team interactions and accurate/ efficient project data organization
* Demonstrable ability to manage and/ or provide mentoring and guidance to lower job level employees
* Previous experience developing, designing Software Products is a must
* English language communication skills
* Minimum Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science
* PMP, Agile SCRUM Master certifications are a plus
* 8 years engineering program/project management experience of high-volume consumer or enterprise software solutions, preferably in conjunction with audio hardware
* Demonstrable experience with project management tools like JIRA, Microsoft Project, MS Office suite, Google Apps Sheets/Drive, as well as methodologies such as Agile and Continuous Integration
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we're small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we're big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That's an awesome sweet spot to be in and we're always striving to keep it that way.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability."
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.