Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
As a member of the System Administration team, you are responsible for applying skills and exercising knowledge to perform specified support functions. As part of the team -You will support critical applications and ensure the stability of services by performing dedicated maintenance activities. You engage in automation activities, perform root cause analysis (RCA), and remediation. Knowledge of production support process including incident/change/problem management, call triaging, and critical issue resolution procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Scripting, automation, installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Windows 2008/2012/2016/Core servers and related SOE software packages
* Windows Core administration, command line remote administration, scripting critical for large deployments and consistent configuration
* ESXi, vSphere systems administration and support, including vMotion, high availability, DRS, vCenter Operations Manager, vCenter Service, and Site Recovery Manager.
* Microsoft Hyper-V systems administration at the hypervisor level as well as virtual server; high available configuration, mitigating troubleshooting services, rapid return to service in the event of an outage
* Administration of Microsoft System Center and act as the Configuration Manager (SCCM) for software updates & patches deployment
* Identify automation/innovation opportunities in BAU environment and craft tools/scripts to automate and schedule routine administration tasks
* Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, etc.)
* You will Support at least 2 of the following third party monitoring and automation tools: Netcool, Splunk, BMC Patrol, OpNet, BMC Blade logic, BMC BAO
* Ability to operate in complex, highly-secure, and highly-available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments
* Security Remediation process (vulnerability assessment and patch management)
* Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Coaching other members of the support team, sharing technical and customer knowledge in a helpful and timely fashion
* BAU operational support of Wintel infrastructure with sound knowledge of ITIL v3 processes such as Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required. Post graduate degree a plus
* Min 4 - 6 years' experience in windows system administration
* Operating System Administration Skills: Window 2008/2012/2016/Core
* Virtualization Administration: VMware ESX & Microsoft Hyper-V
* Server system: HPE, DELL, UCS
* Confirmed experience in handling Enterprise Infrastructure systems including Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Clustering, SCCM, SCOM
* Experience in administering medium to large scale virtualized environment utilizing VMware and Hyper-V
* Deep understanding of networking concepts
* TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
* Familiarity with SAN and NAS storage in Windows in a Server environment
* Exposure in Unified Computing Environment (Cisco UCS) & Shared infrastructures (HP C7000 chassis enclosures)
* Superb communication skills with ability to communicate with management & technical authorities
* Strong knowledge and experience in Scripting (PowerShell, VBscript, Batch, etc...)
* Ability to multitask and prioritize work
* Strong analytical and practical analytical skills
* Strong expertise of automation technologies including scripting: PowerShell, PowerCLI, VBScript
* Monitoring, Tuning, Troubleshooting, and RCA
* Maintains expertise across multiple infrastructure domains
* Strong organization and analysis skills
* Validated focus on quality and customer service
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.