* Only applicants with an active Top Secret (TS) Clearance need apply*
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), a leading provider of systems engineering, integration, IT service operations and support solutions, is seeking talented professionals to deliver valuable services and solutions to our customers.
GDIT has a great team consisting of experienced and knowledgeable managers who lead and support the career development objectives of our employees. Our employees consider the company to be a solid partner in their career, with an abundance of opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to support our Justice Programs team in Washington, DC. In this position, you will support the Service Operations Unit (SOU) of the Enterprise Operations Section (EOS) in the FBI Information Technology Enterprise Services Division (ITESD). Support will be provided during normal business hours Monday through Friday, Eastern Standard Time (EST), excluding Federal holidays.
Senior Systems Administrator: EMS Tools
The Systems Administrator will provide technical support to include Project skills, Operations and Maintenance, Administration, implementation skills and expertise using the Micro Focus Operations Bridge Manager (OBM) Tool Suite (formerly HPE Software) for an Enterprise Management System (EMS). These tools are used 24/7/365 by units throughout the FBI as well as other units within ITESD.
Administration: Administration of the EMS tools includes but is not limited to:
* Performing day-to-day processes and activities to manage and maintain availability, health and performance of the EMS tools at acceptable Service Levels
* Leveraging automation (e.g. tools, programs or scripts) and standards as part of the daily administration ("care and feeding") and enhancements of the EMS tools
Operations and Maintenance (O&M): The Systems Administrator's experience will include the Micro Focus OBM Tool Suite and other EMS tools listed below.
Additionally, O&M support will be provided on an occasional basis outside these hours, either arranged in advance or in support of critical incidents. Support will include, but is not limited to these activities:
* Sharing knowledge as needed to other EMS team members, regardless of contract or government status
* Training IT staff to use the tools as needed
* Provide troubleshooting skills and problem resolution of EMS tool incidents and problems
* Recommend and carry out projects under the guidance of the technical architect or government lead to improve performance of the tools, to bring systems and devices under management, to coordinate move of tool servers to new Data Centers, to continually improve processes and procedures, and perform routine application or hardware install/upgrades. Configuration and change activities are included in this activity.
* Create custom monitoring and reporting as needed
* Create specialized reports upon request
* Configure alerts to meet user needs and requirements
* Perform routine maintenance including but not limited to: patching of operating systems and applications, monitoring daily operational status of the tools, reporting as needed, and coordinating requirements with other teams both within and external to the ITESD as required.
Skills/Experience: The Systems Administrator's experience will include the Micro Focus OBM Tool Suite and other EMS tools listed below. The Administrartor must have knowledge in one or more of the following tool areas:
* (Required) Experience with the OBM Tool Suite including:
* OMi deployments
* Experience with OBR or OBA preferred but not required
* Experience with BPM, RUM, EUM, or APM is a plus but not required
* Experience with BVD is a plus but not required
* Experience with uCMDB is a plus
* Experience with:
* Virtual environments is a plus
* Red Hat Linux (RHEL) 7.6 is a plus
* Windows 2016 OS experience is a plus
* Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, particularly in Active Directory, experience is a plus
* Cisco ACS and/or Infoblox experience is a plus
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Must have 10 years of directly related experience in network and/or systems management & analysis and administration of EMS Tools.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.