We're looking for a talented dedicated individual to fire up our growth. Come join us and be part of our exceptional FEDERAL team in Herndon, VA.
A10 Networks' FEDERAL System Engineers act in a pre-sales role promoting A10 product solutions especially Security solutions such as Data Center Firewall, WAF, and DDoS Protection System. In this role, you'll perform customer demonstrations explaining features and benefits to customers, assist the customer with network designs, and configure equipment to meet specific customer requirements. You will assist the customer with troubleshooting and work with the Corporate System Engineering team to resolve issues and submit feature requests to A10 Engineering. In addition to having the technical aptitude, this role requires presentation skills, your ability to work as part of a team, learn quickly, stay current on various technologies, and possess passion and confidence in your work.
* Bachelor's degree in EE or CS (or equivalent), with 3 years working experience
* Top Secret Clearance (minimum)
* Knowledge of Layer-4-7 well-known protocols and technologies, such as HTTP,
* DNS, SSL, Caching, IP routing protocols and packet capture/analysis
* Strong experience in UNIX/Linux environments. Candidate is required to build his/her own setup in lab by himself/herself using Unix/Linux client/server environment
* Scripting experience with Python and/or Tcl
* Ability to work independently, effective and as a team member
* Ability to learn new technology and concepts quickly
* Knowledge on virtualization technologies and public/private cloud environments
* Written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills; Business level; English skills is highly desired
* Industry recognized certification for security professional such as CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIA, CEH and similar certification is highly desirable
* Competitive knowledge in Layer 4-7 switching including solutions, technology and product offerings are highly desired.
A10 Networks is an equal opportunity employer and a VEVRAA federal subcontractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. A10 also complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
About A10 Networks
A10 Networks is a company engaged in the development of on-premises and cloud-native DDoS protection, network traffic management, and cybersecurity solutions for businesses.