Medtronic is a world leader in providing health care products that benefit individual's well-being. Our organization contributes directly to this mission; we deliver Mobile App software for Medtronic's connected insulin pumps and glucose sensors.
The Medtronic Diabetes Mobile App software development team writes the iOS and Android Apps which connect to our devices to enable our patients to ease the burden of diabetes on their day to day life. We are looking for Android and iOS developers who can help us continue to make our products more connected and responsive to patient's needs.
A Day in the Life
As a Senior Mobile App Software Engineer, you will work under the guidance of an engineering manager and collaborate with the system architects to develop and test Mobile Apps. Responsibilities include developing, testing, and maintaining the software for either Android or iOS Apps. You will apply knowledge of software design and V&V methods to develop and test safety critical, fault tolerant apps.
Key Technical Competencies:
* You are familiar with software engineering best practices for either iOS or Android Mobile software development. * You can interpret, understand, and provide feedback on software requirements for a project. This includes performing requirement analysis to determine completeness and compliance with software system. You can work with requirement management tools. * You can write and execute unit tests for mobile apps and components.
Key Leadership Competencies:
* You enjoy coaching others on software development and can provide constructive feedback to improve other's implementations and designs. * You are willing and able to learn a new technology on your own but know when to seek out help from senior engineers. * You can identify the root cause of complex problems and solve them by determining the most appropriate fix. * You hold yourself accountable deliver on commitments. * You have a desire to help improve patient's lives and will hold yourself accountable to the rigors of developing software for medical devices. * You demonstrate accountability for your decisions and can articulate rationale without being defensive. You view mistakes as learning opportunity and supports an environment of continuous improvement.
Responsibilities could include:
* Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities. * Determines systems software design requirements. * Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. * Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering/Sciences field
Years of Experience
* 4+ years experience of designing and developing mobile applications, 2+ years experience of designing and developing mobile applications and Master's Degree
Nice to Have
* Strong debugging and problem-solving skills. * Database experience on mobile devices. * Good understanding of Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE protocols and standards. * Highly motivated, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. * Experience translating product requirements into design specifications. * Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code. * Ability to effectively present information to team members and management, customers and prospects. * Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment. * Ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objective. Uses resources effectively and efficiently. Is reliable in work habits. Able to organize and self-direct execution of tasks/duties. * Experience in medical software development process such as IEC 62304 or other regulated software development
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.