Hello! I'm the hiring manager for this role. Before I get into the usual job information, I want to share two reasons I'm proud to work here.
* A single engineer can make a big difference. From extracting React components for reusability, formalizing CSS naming conventions, adding support for persistence operations to the new microservices framework, implementing infinite scroll… Countless initiatives with impacts across the entire organization have been thought up, debated, and implemented without red tape.
* Even having been through similar sessions at past companies, I found the inclusivity training at Box to be uncommonly poignant and actionable. The people here are genuine in their efforts to welcome everyone and are supported by leadership. And when one of us fails--even accidentally, we call out the marginalizing behavior even if it's uncomfortable to do so.
Okay, here's the rest:
Box powers how the world works together.
Box is much more than cloud file storage. We're building features that enable companies to drive complex workflows from within Box, but that all begins with getting the basic building blocks right. We have an opening on a team that's building vital capabilities for the next generation of Box's product lines: Personalization.
Tasks & Notifications: Todo lists, cross-platform push notifications, integration with user-created workflows (think Zapier or IFTTT, but within Box), and more.
We're already the undisputed leader in enterprise file sync and share, so companies store their files and collaborate using Box. This team is part of an evolution towards moving business processes related to those files inside of Box. It's all part of our mission to help companies get work done.
As a Backend Engineer on this team, you will...
* Be part of the creative process. Story mapping, design review, meeting with customers and sales, and more
* Write Java (Spring) at the domain service level to enable the building of UIs across platforms
* Interface with our global-scale data layer that handles complex issues like sharding and caching
* Work with modern cloud technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
* Learn, influence, and adapt in order to work effectively with other teams and groups
* Invest in the growth of your fellow engineers through mentorship, coaching, and sponsorship
What are the job requirements?
* This is an onsite role at our headquarters in Redwood City, CA.
* You should have 2 years of experience doing the following work. (More is fine, a little less might also be fine.)
* Adding components to a domain service and defining APIs to expose parts of the service
* Using APIs to build web UIs (React, Angular, Vue, etc)
* Implementing and using monitoring processes to gauge the health and performance of a web application
* Your experience does not need to match the specific technologies exactly.
* You should be able to talk in depth about times during your career when you took initiative.
Learn more about Box Engineering here
* Immerse yourself in the Box Platform: Create a developer account at developer.box.com
* Box Engineers share on opensource.box.com
* Get under the hood, comment on your favorite architecture deep-dive at tech.blog.box.com
* Grab a free account and make your content more valuable: Hit us up at box.com
And please do take a look at some of the ways we celebrate difference at Box.
Box is a company that provides an online file sharing and cloud content management service.