Would you like to join Practice Fusion, an Allscripts company, as we work together to reshape the future of healthcare? We are on a mission to help small, independent practices thrive by offering best-in-class, affordable products that allow them to focus on what matters most - caring for their patients. Practice Fusion is a leader in the electronic health record space with over 80 million patients served by doctors using our platform. Our award-winning, cloud based ambulatory EHR platform helps physicians thrive in an increasingly complex world by coordinating patient care. Join our growing team, as we are an enthusiastic and committed partner dedicated to connecting doctors, patients, and data to drive better health and save lives.
Practice Fusion is hiring a talented backend developer, passionate about creating life-saving technology for doctors and patients. Our cloud-based EHR is an ambitious Services Oriented Architecture hosted in AWS and written primarily in .NET, utilizing WebApi and WCF with a combination of ASP.NET and ASP.NET Core. You will take on the challenge of solving complex technical problems to deliver vital, reliable product features to our customers.
* Develop technical solutions that are secure, robust, performant, and scalable to help drive products from inception to release
* Review technical requirements to ensure the solution meets business needs
* Write correct, well-factored code that is testable and maintainable, and that demonstrates best practices
* Balance engineering costs of development, testing, deployment complexity, and run-time cost, to deliver optimum value for the business and customers
* Develop and test WebApi and WCF services that provide business logic, access a variety of data storage technologies, and interact through messaging, REST, and SOAP patterns * Write unit tests and functional tests that cover all of your code * Author SQL Server database schemas and stored procedures * Write and groom stories to define, estimate, and track your team's work * Act as rotating scrum master to help your team stay on course * Measure, find, and fix performance and security issues * Advocate for the right tools for the task at hand * Review code and provide feedback to improve code quality * Cultivate continuous improvement of coding standards and team processes
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
* BSCS or related discipline
* 5+ years C#/.NET experience
* Strong in most of the following: ASP.NET WebApi, WCF, REST, T-SQL, .NET Core
* Effective use of development patterns and TDD
* Work in agile environments delivering secure, scalable solutions
* One or more of the following: * Cloud development (AWS, Azure, etc.)
* Very little or no travel is required in this role.
* Standard office environment
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.