Sr. Software Engineer, Experimentation Platform
Every single day, our colleagues at Slack make thousands of decisions: whether to launch a feature, which API endpoint to optimize for, or which marketing campaign to invest in. Data, if curated well, can help inform these decisions, and running A/B tests is a crucial way for us to acquire such data.
We are seeking an experienced engineer for our experimentation platform who will work with key technical folks across Slack to execute and build on the vision for the Experimentations framework. They will partner with stakeholders across various pillars to drive adoption throughout the company, and bringing the platform to the next level. If you are excited about leveraging data to make better decisions, we would love to hear from you.
What you will be doing:
* Participate in technical discussions, co-own technical solutions for the experimentation platform; describe, analyze, and convince others about major technical tradeoffs.
* Initiate and facilitate meaningful discussions (technical or otherwise) with other engineers, analysts, and product managers around complex issues in A/B testing.
* Serve as a data advocate at Slack: answer experiment-related questions, give talks, etc.
* Be execution focused to deliver on the next generation of the experiments platform
What you should have:
* You've been building web applications professionally for 5+ years
* You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
* You have a good understanding of basic probabilities
* You are product-focused and care about the end-user experience
* You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better
* You are someone who others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude
* You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture-we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to