Description:This position is with Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LMMFC) in Dallas, Texas. LMMFC is a major subcontractor to the Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control and MBDA Deutschland Joint Venture (JV) team to develop the next generation Integrated Air and Missile Defense System, "TLVS," for the German Bundeswehr.
THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD.
TLVS is a highly mobile ground based air and missile defense system for protection against the current and future threat spectrum in the lower tier. TLVS is based on the technology and development results of the tri-national MEADS air and missile defense system (US, Germany, Italy). The development of this latest generation air defense system was proven by the system demonstration in 2014. TLVS will be employed by Germany in the context of national and collective defense as well as for the protection of deployed troops, facilities and areas against all kinds of aerial threats including the interception of the latest generation of ballistic missiles. The individual components of the system are mounted on protected vehicles, offering high tactical mobility for the protection of mobile land forces.
The optimal candidate will possess prior experience working on a team-based real-time embedded software development project from inception to finish.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
* -Experience in model based software design and development using Rational Rose Real-Time
* The candidate should have experience in model based software design and development using Rational Rose Real-Time and should also have experience in both LYNX OS and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS.
* The candidate should be experienced in object oriented design and implementation as well as writing highly optimized, modular code in a modern compiled language such as C/C++.
* An active Secret clearance is required for this role
* Experience in the development of Board Support and Device Driver software
* Experience using Microsoft Foundation Classes and Microsoft Visual Studio, Shaman and Spectre Test Software, CORBA
* Experience with all major phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (i.e. Requirements, Design, Code and Test)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.