Sr. Software Engineer - Through a combination of behavioral science, big data analytics, and patented voice-recognition technology, we intelligently reach out to people via phone, email, SMS, and live agents to provide information and guidance, gather feedback, schedule appointments, and make the entire process simple and convenient. Healthcare plans, providers and Pharmacy Benefit Managers all rely on Eliza to provide great engagement experiences to millions of people every day!
* Designing, implementing, and testing major subsystems of Eliza's AWS cloud platform and core service offerings * Leading and mentoring as a senior member of the Engineering team * Developing and following best practices relative to design, implementation, and testing * Producing professional, documented designs * Prototyping new ideas or technologies to prove efficacy and usefulness in production * Following agile/Scrum practices * Rebuilt entire operating platform on cloud technologies after operating for many years on traditional, self-hosted infrastructure components * Developed SOAP and REST API's to integrate with partners and customers in real-time * Built a generic service structure on AWS that is deployed and scaled to run a variety of platform components dynamically * Building a next-generation tools platform for creating, managing and deploying multi-channel outreach campaigns in the AWS cloud, designed as a single page web UI and rules engine leveraging .Net, jQuery, WCF, and JSON. * Building a brand new customer portal using ASP.NET MVC, Typescript, and REST API. * Constructing a state-of-the-art data lake on AWS using EMR, Spark, DynamoDB and Elasticsearch * Building voice-enabled applications via SIP * Exploring AI bots to help answer common healthcare-related questions
* Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* You have a command of the fundamentals of computer science, data structures and programming * You understand the basics for distributed computing * You know the challenges working with "big data" and know how to build systems that scale seamlessly * You are intrigued by creating systems that perform at the highest levels * You love learning new technologies, and applying critical thought to system design * You are a "systems thinker" * You demonstrate intellectual curiosity * You care about your work, and demonstrate a passion for your craft * You want the entire team to succeed * You communicate well
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment * Ability to communicate and exchange information * Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data * Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.) * Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals * May be required to work extended hours for special business needs * May be required to travel at least 10% of time based on business needs
* BS/MSCS or equivalent
Minimum Related Work Experience:
* 6 years' experience designing and delivering production software * Proven experience designing and implementing large-scale or complex commercial software systems * Proven experience using the Microsoft development tools and stack, e.g., TFS, Visual Studio, etc * Command of C# and .NET programming * Previous experience building a production system on AWS (IaaS/PaaS) * Practical SQL skills * Proven experience dealing with "big" (multi-terabyte) data * Strong, practical OO experience, e.g., understanding and employing SOLID principles * Exhibits Intellectual curiosity and the willingness to learn and share technical information * Previous agile experience a big plus
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EOE including disability/veteran
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.