Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. We're looking for a Senior Software development Engineer to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer with the Alexa team, you will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will also partner with scientists and platform engineers to help invent, implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud based engines. A successful candidate should have hands-on research experience and knowledge of research domains including AI, NLU, ML, and Dialog Management. They should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns. Additional responsibilities include:
* Leading the development and maintenance of core system features
* Helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
* Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
* Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application
* Operate in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.