The Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE III) will be responsible for writing high quality code for our Customer Support Applications. These applications are used internally by various help desk and validation teams to verify our telematics devices are configured and functioning correctly. The ideal candidate is a full stack web developer with an emphasis on creating scalable applications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Full-stack web applications
* Build a new generation of telematics management tools
* Automate build and test pipelines (CI/CD) on Google Cloud Platform
* Maintain and uplift legacy tools to cloud infrastructure
* Work in an Agile/Scrum environment
* Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
* Collaborate with other team members and stake holders
* Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of web development experience.
* Full Stack development experience
* SQL Database Experience (PostgreSQL preferred), NoSQL a plus
* Experience with micro-services and distributed systems
* Experience architecting and delivering cloud native applications on a Containerized framework (Docker, Kubernetes).
* Good Knowledge of JS Framework practices, design patterns, and commonly used libraries (Angular, ReactJS, Node, etc;)
* Ability to work well with others, influence and motivate other team members, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Zonar has a proven history of continuous innovation on behalf of our customers, providing products that efficiently and easily track commercial fleets and assets, streamline reporting and significantly increasing safety while saving cost. Leveraging a portfolio of 150+ patents, we are building upon these data and related analytics services to create the next generation of software and services for the 15M target customers in the US alone.
Headquartered in Seattle and majority-owned by technology company Continental, Zonar has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle, a regional office in Cincinnati, and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. Our culture is based on ingenuity, leadership, teamwork, excellence, passion, integrity, and fun! Our company has grown to over 350 employees who are goal-oriented and fast-paced, but understand the importance of having a healthy work life balance. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, growing, innovative company, make a big impact on a rapidly evolving space, and have fun along the way.