As our company grows and we expand our team, Glassdoor is looking for exceptional Security Engineers specialized in locking down our corporate assets and network. You'll be joining a team where you have real ownership and a charter to champion best practices, drive change and determine future policy and architecture. You'll also contribute to the security domains of application, governance and compliance, incident detection and response, and infrastructure security -- so you'll never end up working in a silo.
You will assess threats and vulnerabilities, analyze data and code, define measurable objectives, and drive implementations of security solutions. You will also be responsible for building and implementing testing tools and methodologies, including manual and automated processes, deployment, and monitoring.
* Design, deploy, manage and improve critical security infrastructure services/tools for authentication and authorization, PKI, secrets management, logging, detection, vulnerability management and more
* Partner with teams throughout Glassdoor on technology initiatives to improve security and bring standard methodologies to our products and services
* Analyze the latest attacker techniques and develop approaches to detect them across the company's diverse environments and endpoints.
* Define, implement, and tune detective capabilities and data sources to detect and remediate malicious activity
* Work with engineering and operations teams to implement threat detection signals, deploy new tooling, and improve response capabilities.
* Analyze security data and report on threats and incidents across various platforms and environments.
* Mentor team members, junior and senior, in state-of-the-art incident response practices
* Research and design ways to achieve risk reduction objectives in creative ways, including expanding our current tool stack where appropriate
* Assist with security incidents that the company may face in alignment with our response processes
* Assess risk arising from third-parties, vendors and partners in our ecosystem and design controls to mitigate such risks
* Document security processes and standards.
* 8+ years of experience with security engineering in e-commerce, internet, or social networking settings
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
* Mastery of multiple security domains such as intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, and forensics.
* Strong knowledge of UNIX operating systems
* Must Have: Hands-on expertise operating in an AWS environment with mastery of architecture and security capabilities in the cloud
* Advanced programming abilities in Python or similar language
* Knowledge of web application security, browser security models, and application security vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top Ten
* Deep understanding of network attacks, DDoS, Phishing, email protocols/security/spam, encryption, authentication, logging and log analysis, IP and device reputation, and security rules and policies
* Experience working with multiple stakeholders such as engineering/operations teams, internal business units, external incident response teams, and law enforcement throughout the incident lifecycle.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, solid team player, with demonstrated abilities in analysis and problem-solving
Nice To Have:
* Experience achieving and maintaining compliance with SOC2, NIST 800-53, and other security frameworks
* Security certifications (CISSP, CEH, etc…)
* Experience with Network Security
* Experience detecting abuse and large-scale attacks in a diverse environment.
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and other tools to enhance future operations
* Database Security
* Work with purpose - join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
* Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
* 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 80% dependent coverage
* Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
* Long Term Incentive Plan
* 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
* Located in up-and-coming Fulton Market neighborhood
* Discounted memberships for local gyms and Divvy
* Free snacks, drinks, and coffee always available
* Your choice between Mac or PC
* Fun office events and celebrations
* Convenient to public transportation, with pre-tax commuter benefits available
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.