PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Release Manager (Contract)
SIE is developing a new suite of complementary applications (PlayStation's Content Pipeline) to support our content partners as they conceptualize, plan, develop, test and launch games and related products on the PlayStation network platform.
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Senior Release Manager to support this work. This role will be responsible for driving application and service releases and related customer migrations from inception through deployment. They will be expected to partner with the security, systems, network engineering, database services, software development, change management and production organizations to lead, manage, and drive forward Content Pipeline releases. This will involve working with globally distributed teams in the US, UK and Asia to optimize and harmonize their use of collaboration and agile tools and evangelize our move toward "release when ready" practices.
The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
* Work with Development, DevOps, Database, QA, Operations and PMO teams to set release schedules and environments in a dynamic fast-paced environment
* Coordinate and plan complex service launches which involve migrating large numbers of users to new applications and services
* Manage environment availability and release cadence
* Work closely with Developers and Operations engineers to define and automate release and deployment processes
* Assist tools development teams to prototype build and release automation tools
* Identify and propagate best practices and processes for source control, continuous integration, automated testing, build automation, deployment, and release management
* Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions
* Monitor release KPIs and provide post-release reporting. Monitor actions for continuous improvement
* Perform a key leadership role in the technology transformation and change leadership for the existing services and innovation of new capabilities to support business growth
* Manage change control processes for changes to code and development environments
* Ensure on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality releases
* Proactively mitigate risks and remove obstacles
* Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required
* Strong familiarity with configuration management, continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
* Previous experience managing software releases for a large, complex, always-on set of apps and services is strongly preferred
* Strong proficiency with collaboration and agile tools (JIRA, Confluence, qTest, etc.)
* BS or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. MS in CS or IS preferred with emphasis in technical program management
* 5+ years' experience required project/program managing or leading the delivery of Software Releases and Deployments
* Experience with Continuous Integration and continuous delivery pipelines
* Experience with working with rapid, overlapping release cycles
* Experience in defining process and procedures to manage the release cycle
* History of driving a culture of automation in teams
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation
* Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively
* Must work effectively and professionally with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team
* Excellent organizational, communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
* Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management across Western cultures
* Must exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
* Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor
* Candidate must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally for this position.
* Knowledge of SAFe or similar "scaled agile" methodologies
* Experience with micro-service architectures and deployments
* Experience deploying microservices to AWS
* Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony's products, services, and devices is a plus
* Prefer candidates with project / program management training or experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.