The BlackBerry Professional Services Technical Consultant is a dedicated resource, focused on an enterprise customer's successful long term BlackBerry deployment. A hybrid of Consultant and Technical Account Manager, this role is responsible for oversight of all aspects of BlackBerry's solutions specific to the customer. Existing BlackBerry product knowledge is critical to the immediate impact of this role.
They will be expected to stay current on solution-specific technologies, troubleshooting techniques and upcoming software releases, with a special interest in the solutions currently deployed and planned for deployment in their assigned customer(s) environment. An ability to set-up and troubleshoot lab environments of supported BlackBerry solutions, and to troubleshoot customer environments will be essential to this role.
* Take total ownership of issues and drive them to closure, maintaining accountability to customer
* Prepare metrics, analysis, status reports at regular cadence expectations.
* Develop and test possible workarounds for problems until root cause has been discovered and a permanent fix has been implemented
* Leverage available knowledge and skills towards the goal of world-class service in an efficient scalable fashion
* Work closely with the BlackBerry Support Analyst teams to provide guidance and assistance when they are faced with new or challenging problems, and mentoring them in any technical areas required
* Technical aptitude in resolving complex technical server, mobile application and/or networking issues
* Provide senior technical expertise and knowledge of the BlackBerry solutions to BlackBerry customers in a presales and post sales consulting capacity.
* Ensure BlackBerry products are of highest quality by contributing feedback and coordinating with internal teams such as Engineering, Sales, Product Management, and Operations, for fixes or areas of improvements; Ensure the key accounts' BlackBerry product needs are met.
* Interface with all levels of BlackBerry and being a true ambassador for the customer.
* Engagement in consultative, deep technical discussions with customers on best practices, capabilities, configuration to keep the customer engaged, interested, and a secure partner in selling wireless technologies.
* Bachelor degree in a technical related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Possess current US Department of Defense Secret or higher clearance.
* 2-4 years of experience in technical pre-sales, software platforms or end to end IT solution implementation preferably within the wireless, high tech or telecom industry.
* Excellent technical, analytical and trouble shooting skills, Minimum 4 years' experience as a technical support analyst, or comparable role
* Previous experience in large enterprise IT organizations (e.g. Infrastructure, application development, security or IT support) is a must
* Ability to handle and navigate high pressure complex conversations confidently
* Demonstrated ability to pro-actively build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
* Ability to articulate and transfer technical knowledge, information and tools to individuals and groups at multiple levels
* Strong organization, time management and project planning/execution skills
* Experience with architecture, design, deployment and operations of UEM and BlackBerry Dynamics
* Technical knowledge of firewalls, proxies, WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity, wireless networks, software distribution, asset management and network infrastructures would be an asset.
* Experience in MS System Administration, as well as different types of security software and hardware (firewalls, routers)
* Intermediate-to-expert level working knowledge of MS Exchange (including O365), SQL, Active Directory, and Lotus Domino
* Knowledge of wireless carrier networks, as well as Smartphones, Tablets, BlackBerry OS/devices, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone Operating platforms.
* Experience in installing, diagnosing and troubleshooting server and client-related problems, such as performance problems, permissions issues and lockups.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Knowledge of enterprise customer business, processes and goals.
Job Family Group Name:
Professional Services & Consulting
Scheduled Weekly Hours: