Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 in 2019, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Experience Team works across most projects at Marqeta-from our brand voice and websites to events, web and mobile products, and even printed publications. We listen to our customers through research, elevate their needs and take pride in building user-friendly and user-focused experiences; for both those who use our technology as customers and our internal team. We partner in squads; designing the next generation of card issuing/processing alongside our peers in Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, Customer Success, and Operations.
The credit squad is building a next generation platform to provide infrastructure for the future of the rapidly evolving credit card industry. The platform will provide familiar card holder and card management services to B2B customers as well as extensive administrative functionality, and innovative API features to open a world of opportunities for the next generation of credit card centric technology companies.
* Be embedded on the Credit Squad to push forward the cross-functional roadmap from a design standpoint.
* Work with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our product and brand.
* Work closely with designers on other squads to develop and expand product design systems.
* Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
* Lead stakeholder interviews as well as moderate interface usability studies.
* Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, operations, and project teams.
* When designing, consider all parts of the experience, from copy to animation interactions, to the business model.
* Design best in class interfaces to facilitate usability, engagement and understanding of financially oriented features and functionalities
* Create interactive prototypes to test and iterate on your designs and workflows
* Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use.
* Have experience designing for business and developer-focused products.
* Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you produce your best work.
* Are passionate about creating user interfaces that fuse exciting design with form and functionality.
* Are an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design.
* Are skilled at designing for various interfaces, with specific experience in both responsive and native mobile interfaces.
* You love the challenge of, complex, high feature, administrative and account management interfaces.
* You think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
* Love working with other designers to help them learn and grow-and have them help you learn and grow.
* Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Squad, all of Marqeta, and the design team.
Marqeta Provided Competitive Benefits / Perks
* Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%.
* Generous Paid Time Off.
* Full paid Parental Leave.
* Pet insurance
* 401k plan with a Company match.
* Competitive pay
* Meaningful equity
* Bi-annual "Hack Week" to support and reward innovation.
* Monthly commuter and parking subsidy.
* Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
* Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks.
* Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.