What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide systems engineering integration and testing support as part of the Tactical Radar Systems Department. This department provides the full range of systems design, analysis, integration, verification, and validation activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include: Development of verification and validation requirements, methods, and approach Development of test plans, test procedures, flight test planning related activities and events Support system-level integration and testing, including performance, functional, interface, environmental, and qualification testing Development of system-level test equipment to support system I&T, verification, and sell off Technical presentations to both internal and external customers Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and flight test requirements verification Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead.
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for supporting successful requirements generation and testability
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for supporting program reviews and audits
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for ensuring requirements can be verified and sold-off
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for developing and maintaining IV&V Plan
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for generating test procedures
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for supporting other IPTs during integration and test throughout the program
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for supporting of Independent Review packages, IR 6 - 10
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for supporting the program reviews and audits
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for adequately staffing the IV&V team
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for on time delivery of all SDRLs, if applicable
* The IV&V Lead is responsible for maintaining the IPT's risks and opportunities
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in systems engineering integration, testing, verification, and validation activities
* Knowledge of AESA-based radar systems operation, functionality, testing, verification, system qualification and sell off Experience in Flight Test Data Analysis tools and models
* Experience working with both customer and internal resources
* Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
* Must have US Citizenship
* Must have ability to access US only data
* Experience as a IV&V Lead or Technical Lead on a previous program
* Flight test and Data Reduction and Data Analysis
* Able to effectively multi-task multiple tasks and priority actions
* Work experience in radar design, development, integration and test
* Experience in software development of embedded, real-time complex systems
* Experience in hardware and software integration of embedded, real-time complex systems
* Experience in radar data analysis and problem resolution
* Leadership and communication skills
* Experience leading a technical team of System Engineering Integration and Testing
* Active Top Secret and/or additional clearances
* Ability to obtain SAP-Special Access
Required Education: BS in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline; advanced degree(s) preferred
Desired Education: Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, System Engineering or related discipline
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.