How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Business Area Technical Lead serves as the IT Technical Leader for one or more mission areas in Raytheon IIS. This role is responsible for engaging on front-end of the business efforts, identifying IT requirements, defining the IT approach for meeting the requirements and coordinating the overall IT architecture response. Execution of these responsibilities will require the ability to effectively synthesize technical strategy, standards, processes, and technology to achieve the objectives of each program or pursuit. The successful applicant will join a distributed team in applying architecture methods and emerging technology for integrated IT solutions for complex IT, cyber-business and enterprise programs.
The position can be location in Dulles, VA, Richardson, TX or Aurora, CO.
Additional responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Strong background in architecting, systems integration and solutioning on proposals and programs.
* Strong experience in providing solutions for programs and pursuits in the areas of IT and Cyber related systems.
* Continually evaluates the needs of new and emerging efforts within IIS mission areas and drives the appropriate architecture response in collaboration with other functions
* Leverages and supports Raytheon's Global Business Services (GBS) and Corporate IT Architecture Programs in delivering mission area solutions
* Continually monitors market trends and technologies to influence organizational adoption and drive business innovations that deliver competitive advantage
* Delivers architecture reference models and roadmaps aligned with strategy and the needs of mission area stakeholders
* Forms effective business relationships; fosters an open culture of collaboration and innovation within the architecture team and with other functions
* Leads IIS IT Architecture on major programs and captures
* Strong technical background with ability to continually evaluates the needs of new and emerging efforts within IIS mission areas and drives the appropriate architecture response in collaboration with other functions
* 10+ years of applicable experience providing technical solutions for large complex IT systems with strong technical skills.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen with Existing Top Secret or SSBI (updated within last 5 years) Security Clearance
* Significant experience supporting business development and capture teams
* Raytheon Basis of Estimate (BOE) Certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months
* Proven presentation and communication (written and oral) skills; able to communicate complex concepts to a diverse audience of senior business leaders
* IT solution integration experience across full system/service lifecycle, to include infrastructure (compute, storage and network), platforms and enterprise software applications
* Current understanding of technology advancements and their effect on the IT profession and IIS business
* Experience with architectural frameworks and methods
* Working knowledge of Cloud Technologies and Services
* Working knowledge of IT service lifecycle and ITIL
* Working knowledge of DevOps methodologies
* Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a business case for technology investment to senior management and executive audiences
* Working knowledge of best practices in IT security
* Proven success working within a large multi-disciplined team and performing as project technical lead
* 10+ years of applicable experience providing technical solutions for large complex IT systems, demonstrating a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
* Proven track record of developing concepts and products that extends knowledge in a given field or pursuit
* Cyber security, Security Operations Center, fusion centers experience desirable
* Raytheon Certified Architect
* Advanced degree in computer science or engineering
* Knowledge of Raytheon's IIS Business (organization, processes, solutions, etc.)
* Experience using TOGAF or DoDAF on full life cycle efforts as lead architect
Required Education (including Major):
* BS in Computer Science, MIS, IT, Computer engineering or related discipline
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
CO - Aurora
TX - Richardson
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.