Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
* Lead Paid Search Marketing campaign execution for Grainger (a top 10 internet retailer in the U.S.) and Acklands Grainger (Canada)
* Responsible for generating sales from new and existing customers through execution of core Paid Search marketing programs: PPC text, PLA, YouTube
* Execute the day-to-day tactics to drive website traffic, revenue, incremental ROAS, new customer acquisition, retention and growth via Paid Search
* Represent the largest marketing channel with business partners and VP level leadership
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage high volume Paid Search campaigns, maintain targeted budget, develop strong internal and external relationships and control risks.
* Support and translate marketing strategies into successful PPC campaigns that are on time, on budget and result in desired outcomes.
* Manage the P/L of the Paid Search channel by tracking, reporting, and analyzing all PPC initiatives and campaigns.
* Responsible for forecasting and budgeting of channel.
* Manage Search Engine relationships - work with Google & Bing (and other top search engines) to ensure appropriate monthly budget target objectives and keep abreast of new features.
* Work with internal business partners such as Marketing Data & Optimization, Analytics, Strategy, Data Science, Customer Information, Merchandising, Digital, etc. to produce campaign recommendations and optimizations that use channel, customer and product data.
* Manage bid optimization tool and agency relationship to meet and exceed business objectives through proper budget management, bid optimization, keyword strategy, testing, innovation and encouragement of tool enhancements to match business needs.
* Optimize keyword portfolio through testing, bid management, campaign structures, extensions, etc. across Google and Bing.
* Execute Product Listing Ads strategy for over a million SKUs and oversee product feed delivery to multiple vendors.
* Identify and develop opportunities in related channels outside of Search (i.e. YouTube, Gmail, GDN, etc.).
* Utilize variety of targeting capabilities (location, device, DMP, RLSA, customer list, etc.) to effectively reach the right audience with compelling messaging and product offerings .
* Execute marketing invoicing and insertion orders, and maintain online marketing budget spend.
* Work with internal business partners and vendors to coordinate and communicate project initiatives, define strategy, execute deliverables and make budget recommendations.
* Proactively develop, execute and analyze tests (ad copy, landing page, structural, etc.) that improve efficiencies and engage customers with relevant value propositions aligned with their needs.
* Act as Paid Search subject matter expert by driving continued innovation and industry best practices.
* Prepare and provide Search Marketing performance reports, data analyses and proposed action items to internal and external teams.
* Provide mentoring, guidance and training to junior marketing/SEM staff.
* Develop and execute Paid Search campaign strategy to support international teams at Grainger.
* Stay current on tools, trends, tactics, news and betas from industry blogs, peer networks and vendors, and educate broader organization and key stakeholders on new opportunities.
Preferred Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Mathematics, Computer Science, Advertising or equivalent.
* 3-5 years of experience in managing large PPC programs for well-established online retailers.
* Agency or advertiser-side experience a plus.
* Strong understanding of search engine marketing process and best practices around campaign structure and optimization.
* Proven ability to translate performance data into actionable insights using quantitative analysis.
* Ability to navigate and generate reports from analytics suites such as Adobe Analytics, CoreMetrics and Google Analytics.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong project and time management skills with attention to details and focus on quality of results.
* Experience collaborating between channels (SEO, Display, Social, etc.).
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.).
"Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status."
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Computer Science, Technical Support, Sales, Technology
About W.W. Grainger
W.W. Grainger is a distributor of maintenance, repair, operating supplies, and other related products and services.