As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
At Visa, the Corporate Information Technology, Billing & Incentives Platforms team, enables Visa's revenue growth through flexible pricing engines and global revenue platforms built on next-generation technologies. This includes managing system requirements, evaluating cutting-edge technologies, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate revenue applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver customer developed solutions, as well as implement industry leading packaged software. This team has embarked on a major transformational journey to build and implement best of breed revenue and billing applications to transform our business as well as technology.
As a lead solution designer, you will play a pivotal role work in Revenue & Pricing Systems DevOps team, designing, configuring and testing applications and systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance business functions. In this mission critical role the candidate will design, POC, implement and test solutions, and will be responsible for getting them into production with very high quality following an agile methodology.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in gathering and clarifying requirements, functional and technical configurations, system and data analysis and creating solution and functional designs for large volume financial systems. This role will also facilitate communication with other groups within the organization, leading all functional design efforts and guiding architectural decisions taking into considerations the principles of operational excellence, ease of use and long-term maintainability.
* Solution and Functional designs, configurations and testing of Billing and Revenue solutions for revenue systems including pricing, rating, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payables, GL and revenue reporting functions.
* Work with business stakeholder and technical product manager to elaborate and clarify business requirements in form of groomed user stories and come up with innovative functional/solution designs and comprehensive test strategies.
* Lead engagement with business partner to deliver projects and support systems. Lead collaboration activities with business partners on requirements, workflow design, configuration, and business re-engineering.
* With innovative ideas and implementations, continue to improve business processes and their efficiencies while driving down technical debt and cost of ownership.
* Conduct POCs to prove out concepts and select best solution approach.
* Lead the efforts to create functional designs and solution designs.
* Review and ensure test strategies, test plans, test cases and test data are correct and adequate.
* Perform detailed and often-complex data analysis on large volume data to drive usage patterns to influence design decisions.
* With the ability to understand complex system architectures and complex functional use cases, design and implement solutions in form of applications and optimizations to business processes while staying current on development and test trends, methodology and standards.
* Ensure "operational excellence" capabilities (Automation, Agility, Analytics, Resiliency and Monitoring) are baked into design process and thinking.
* Provide hands on technical and functional expertise, coaching and mentorship to improve skills across the development and operations team.
* With active engagement, collaboration, effective communication, quality, integrity and reliable delivery, develop and maintain a trusted and valued relationship with both customers and technology partners.
* Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
* This is a hands on and user facing position.
* Must be self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced agile delivery model.
* 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
* B.S. degree with 10+ years or M.S. degree with 8+ years of experience in application design, solution design, development, testing, test automation and business system analysis.
* 5 years or more experience in implementing Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) or other Oracle Utilities Application framework based product (like CC&B and ETPM).
* Experience in evaluating business requirements, creating functional, and solution designs.
* Experience in UX and UI designs using modern front-end frameworks.
* Solid understanding of ORMB functionalities and data models (Transaction Feed Management, Rules Engine, Billing, Rating, Pricing, GL, Payments, Credit/Collections, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables).
* ORMB Configuration experience with setting up Customer Information, Rate Schedules, Approval Workflow, Pricing, TFM (Transaction Feed Management) Rules and ORMB templates, is a big plus.
* Experience with Angular JS or similar front end web frameworks like bootstrap and JS Utility libraries like Loadash, Underscore, jQuery etc is a big plus
* Demonstrated knowledge of RDBMs and SQL with experience in building database queries based on the understanding of the data model.
* Need to have hands on experience in analyzing large volume data to drive usage patterns to influence design decisions.
* Hands on experience in Java, scripting and Hibernate is a big plus.
* Must have passion to build systems that gives uses the best user experience; continuously seek feedback and work towards improving and simplifying the processes and systems.
* Ability to take a list of needs and insights, seek clarifications and come up with innovative ideas and designs while keeping the big picture in view.
* Business domain knowledge in the areas of financial applications, billing, general ledger and accounting practices.
* Must have proactive and strong communications to work well across teams.
* Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones is a must.
* Must have strong coaching and mentoring background, mentoring junior developers and testers to get the best results.
* Prior experience working in Agile delivery model is needed.
* Must be highly self-motivated with strong organizational skills, outstanding analytic skills and polished facilitation skills
* This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
* This position will require up to 10% travel
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.