Neustar, Inc. is a leading global information services provider driving the connected world forward with trusted, holistic identity resolution. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
R-2272 Sr NOC Tech (Open)
STERLING - BUILDING 8
Top Three Skills:
* Network Operations Center (NOC): 5+ years of experience in a high intensity systems server NOC (not network).
* Unix Systems Administration: 4+ Years Linux Experience (command line, file system structure, start/stop service)
* Netcool monitoring tool experience
The NOC Technician will be responsible for monitoring NeuStar's systems and servers by performing initial verification, triage, and diagnostics for events as needed. If the troubleshooting is not able to be completed they will escalate and alert appropriate support groups. The NOC Technician will provision and troubleshoot by remote access and will not be working on the physical hardware (servers). Ticket volume can be high or low but it is the NOC Technician's responsible to pick up tickets where the last shift came off. NOC Technicians will develop or update processes and procedures when working on a ticket. Strong communication skills are a must as they will be working with both Engineering and Operations groups.
THIS IS NOT A NETWORK FOCUSED TECHNICIAN, FOCUS IS ON SERVERS!
* NOC Technician must come from a very busy NOC environment with multiple tickets
* Proficiency with Linux (any flavor, but prefer Redhat). (command line, file system structure, start/stop service).
* Netcool monitoring experience is required
* NOC Technician must be able to take charge, be an independent thinker, and need little ramp up time
* Knowledge of the OSI Model and Apache web server is a nice to have.
* NOC Technician should have worked with a web performance monitoring tool (i.e.Gomez, VI or Regular Expressions).
* Monitor, troubleshoot, escalate and effectively communicate all issues for NeuStar equipment, applications, databases, and circuits. (80%)
* Coordinate, facilitate, and document priority event response. (5%)
* Provision remote access users and troubleshoot remote login issues. (5%)
* Provision customers in the traffic manager. (5%)
* Develop and maintain NOC tools, processes, and procedures. (5%)
CANDIDATE MUST BE OPEN FOR ALL SHIFTS. SHIFTS CAN CHANGE.
Sunday to Wednesday Shift
6 AM - 4 PM, 1 PM - 11 PM, 10 PM - 8 AM
Thursday to Saturday
7 AM - 8 PM and 7 PM - 8 AM
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.