Our Network Engineering Department is looking for a Sr Network Engineer to join their team. Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2017 Computerworld Magazine!
Summary of job duties:
* Leads the technical engineering planning, design and architecture for monitoring and managing a global healthcare network, security and wireless infrastructure. * Create and maintain documentation, maintain hardware and software standards, and evaluate new products and solutions related to business requirements. * Develop and modify technology networks, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations and monitoring needs in an efficient and productive manner. * Liaise with contractors and vendors to ensure the integrity and security of the network environments. * Provide technical guidance and mentoring of other engineers including the quality review and engineering decisions of their work. * Requires staying current on network engineering and automation approaches, technologies and techniques. * Provides on-call support as needed.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a related field
Licenses/ Certifications Required:
* One of more of the following: CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCSP or CCIE
* Seven (7) or more years supporting LAN/WAN networks in large (10,000+ user) environments * Experience with automation tools or scripting languages such as Ansible, Python or Puppet * Strong understanding of networking topologies and protocols * In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS/Nexus OS * Knowledge of technologies related to MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, VRF's, and Traffic Engineering * Experience with Network Access Control and other perimeter security technologies * Knowledge of Cisco Security products and technologies: Firesight/IPS/ASA/FXOS, Site to Site VPN, NAT/PAT * Understanding of F5/Netscaler load balancing products * Knowledge of wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n * Ability to read packet traces to identify source of problems * Experience with selection and strategic direction of network, security and wi-fi technologies * Excellent oral and written communication skills * Excellent organizational and time management skills * Experience in a network healthcare environment a strong plus
* Ability to navigate standard office setting
* Working Title: Sr Network Engineer * Department: Network Engineering * Business Entity: Corporate Services * City: Los Angeles * Job Category: Information Technology * Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering * Position Type: Full-time * Shift Type: Full-time
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.