Our Network Engineering Department is looking for a Sr Network Engineer to join their team. Come join us and find out why Cedars-Sinai has been ranked as one of the top 100 best places to work in IT as ranked by 2017 Computerworld Magazine!
Summary of job duties:
* Leads the technical engineering planning, design and architecture for monitoring and managing a global healthcare network, security and wireless infrastructure.
* Create and maintain documentation, maintain hardware and software standards, and evaluate new products and solutions related to business requirements.
* Develop and modify technology networks, addressing functional, performance, security, quality, operations and monitoring needs in an efficient and productive manner.
* Liaise with contractors and vendors to ensure the integrity and security of the network environments.
* Provide technical guidance and mentoring of other engineers including the quality review and engineering decisions of their work.
* Requires staying current on network engineering and automation approaches, technologies and techniques.
* Provides on-call support as needed.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a related field
Licenses/ Certifications Required:
* One of more of the following: CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCSP or CCIE
* Seven (7) or more years supporting LAN/WAN networks in large (10,000+ user) environments
* Experience with automation tools or scripting languages such as Ansible, Python or Puppet
* Strong understanding of networking topologies and protocols
* In-depth knowledge of Cisco IOS/Nexus OS
* Knowledge of technologies related to MPLS, QoS, BGP, OSPF, VRF's, and Traffic Engineering
* Experience with Network Access Control and other perimeter security technologies
* Knowledge of Cisco Security products and technologies: Firesight/IPS/ASA/FXOS, Site to Site VPN, NAT/PAT
* Understanding of F5/Netscaler load balancing products
* Knowledge of wireless technologies 802.11a/b/g/n
* Ability to read packet traces to identify source of problems
* Experience with selection and strategic direction of network, security and wi-fi technologies
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Experience in a network healthcare environment a strong plus
* Ability to navigate standard office setting
* Working Title: Sr Network Engineer
* Department: Network Engineering
* Business Entity: Corporate Services
* City: Los Angeles
* Job Category: Information Technology
* Job Specialty: Network & Systems Engineering
* Position Type: Full-time
* Shift Type: Full-time