HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare-now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
HMS is currently seeking a talented individual to fill a role as a Senior Network Architect. This senior level member of the Network and Telecommunications team is responsible for complex work involving network architecture, engineering, and design. The ideal candidate will work closely with other architects, engineers, and project managers to provide solutions that are cost-effective, strategically aligned, and architecturally sound. The ideal candidate will also have a successful background in networking security technologies and architectures, for both voice and data networks - in addition to possessing proven implementation and operational experience.
* Develops strategies and direction for voice and data network solutions using current and emerging technologies.
* Assesses current and future state voice and data network architectural plans to ensure the optimization of resources, and to provide the best LAN/WAN and wireless infrastructures to support HMS applications.
* Translates business requirements and/or application development requirements into voice and data network designs and design patterns.
* Design and implement voice and data communication networks, and recommend network hardware and/or systems management software.
* Collaborates with HMS IT Security to provide a unified recommendation for network and data security strategies.
* Assists project managers with the development of implementation plans, test plans, and resource estimates for projects with network deliverables.
* Ensures capacity planning is performed and proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
* Ensures network standards, designs, and troubleshooting procedures are well documented and available to support staff.
* Approves and modifies network design and architecture to ensure compliance with appropriate healthcare regulatory requirements
* Serve as an escalation point for high-level network support during crises situations that cannot be solved by only first line production support or on-call network support personnel, and assist with RCA as required.
* Performs work with a high degree of latitude.
* Possesses expert knowledge of subject matter. Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group.
* Detail oriented with strategic planning and problem solving skills.
* Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, tailors communication style and content to the audience.
* Able to effectively work independently and in a team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals.
* Approaches problems or issues systematically, looking for connections, trends and potential causes.
* Demonstrates initiative, creativity and innovation to drive more effective design and process ideas to fruition within or outside their area of discipline.
* Makes timely decisions on problems/issues requiring immediate attention. Supports the speed and quality of decision making.
* Readily and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities and opportunities.
* Possess a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
* Performs other functions as assigned
* Primary focus - Data Routing & Switching, Cloud networking in AWS and Azure, Data Center networking with Cisco ACI, SD-WAN
* Secondary focus - Security products (Firewalls, IPS, Cloud based security)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrated expertise in a minimum of six of the following areas, with a strong working knowledge and conceptual understanding of the remaining products and technologies:
* Telephony / WAN communications networks and protocols (MPLS/SIP)
* Cisco network equipment, including Cisco Nexus/Catalyst Switches
* Cisco and/or Meraki wireless
* Palo Alto and/or Cisco Firewalls
* Cisco UC / Contact Center Enterprise (CCE)
* UCaaS, and integration with on-premise technologies (WebEx/MS Teams)
* Network tooling and Monitor tools (SolarWinds/CA)
* SDWAN concepts, products and technologies
* WAN acceleration products and technologies (Silverpeak)
* Large scale voice engineering and implementation
* Network capacity and performance planning
* Cloud technologies including SDN in an Azure/AWS environment
* Networking protocols and technologies including but not limited to IP, Ethernet, VPN, Broadband, Layer 2/3, VoIP, GSLB and DNS
* Thorough knowledge of virtualization and data center industry solutions including cloud and Hyperconverged based infrastructures.
* Strong knowledge of client/server architectures, high availability and disaster recovery.
* A strong understanding of business continuity requirements as they relate to systems redundancy, service availability and data replication.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands:
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment.
* Ability to communicate and exchange information.
* Ability to comprehend and interpret documents and data.
* Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.).
* Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals.
* May be required to work extended hours for special business needs.
* May be required to travel up to 20% of time based on business needs.
* The knowledge typically acquired during the course of attaining a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is required. A combination of education and experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
* CCIE or CCNP certification is preferred
Minimum Related Work Experience:
6 years of:
* voice and data networking engineering and operations
* data and/or voice network technology architecture and design
* documenting policies, procedures and systems architecture
* 3 years project technical leadership
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EOE including disability/veteran