BrightBytes, the leading analytics solution for education organizations, provides educators with the power to turn big data into big benefits for students. The decision support platform, Clarity®, analyzes and organizes meaningful data across research-based frameworks to deliver visualized, actionable information that drives student learning.
BrightBytes has assembled a team of over 100 Ivy-League data scientists, creative engineers, world-class researchers and inspirational education leaders. We hire mission-driven individuals who are eager to apply their educational expertise in a fast-paced, fun, entrepreneurial environment that delivers the tools that educators need to improve children's lives.
As a Senior .NET Developer, you will bring a wealth of development experience to the table:
* Serve as a senior software developer within a cross-functional agile software development team
* Maintain a team-wide focus on craftsmanship and quality, while also taking care to avoid over-engineering and premature optimization to ensure timely delivery
* Research and evangelize best practices and technologies
* Coach and mentor less senior members of the software development team, and provide technical direction and clarity for all members of the team
* Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
* Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
* Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
* Making changes to existing web applications according to the feedback received from the end users or clients. In some cases, changes are also made in order to update the application's compatibility with the latest operating systems.
* Designing back-end database structures for the web applications and also generating stored procedures that are complex in nature for the software's maintenance purposes.
About You (or Here's What We're Looking For)
* You love to take charge of the work assigned to you and take it to completion.
* You believe that you can only be successful when the whole team is successful, and you put your efforts towards it.
* You are always very interested to learn the business domain.
* You love to work on challenging issues
* You strive for code quality, performance and maintainability
Required Skills and Experience
The skills and experience that will allow you to contribute to our team are:
* 7+ years' experience with software design and development
* Hands on experience with full stack .NET web development
* Sound backend development experience with SQL Server
* Good experience with TypeScript
* Solid knowledge of Entity Framework
Skills that would get you in the door even faster:
* Experience with the Azure platform and other cloud platforms is a plus
* Experience with Mobile App development
* Kendo UI HTML Framework
* SSIS Package Development
* Continuous Integration
* Source Control (Git, etc)
* Unit Testing Experience
* Prior experience in K12 Education Technology and School District solutions
BrightBytes is a company that develops a SaaS-based data analytics platform.