What you'll be doing...
The strategy team within the BGCO National Operations team is responsible for the implementation and development of new call center technology responsible for the elimination or simplification of work both internally and with customer facing applications. The Senior Manager of this team will be responsible for all aspects of successful project management including, but not limited to: research, problem definition, analysis, business case development, execution, training, communication and post implementation measurement. This position leads strategic technology initiatives of the business and has visibility with all levels including Director and above.
High level responsibilities shall include:
* Manage a team of technical employees tasked with delivering strategic system transformation related to automation, work elimination, and simplification of complex work.
* Work strategically with various Verizon organizations and business units to uncover and execute technology improvements that benefit Verizon as a whole and add shareholder value
* Responsible for the development and implementation of multiple large-scale, strategic projects, acting as the single point of contact for those projects.
* Proactively seek out new and innovative technology improvements that will positively impact the customer and employee experience.
* Full management of pilots and trials of new technology in order to determine the value and feasibility of implementation within VBG organization.
* Regularly manage cross-functional and detailed project plans, project summaries and leadership presentations/proposals.
* Gather and analyze data in order to make appropriate business decisions and to measure the effectiveness of implementations.
* Conduct internal and external research and benchmarking in order to define innovative solutions to complex business issues.
* National communications, demonstrations, not limited to the creation of executive level presentations regarding technology initiatives. Delivery to both BGCO and cross-functional teams, partners, and stakeholders
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have...
* Bachelor's degree preferred or a minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience.
* 3+ years of experience managing large projects/initiatives including the overall ownership of entire project. Candidate must have experience managing cross functional projects. Previous call center management experience is preferred.
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and operations skills are required. Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and manage multiple projects with frequent interruptions.
Even better if you have...
* Thorough Knowledge of the Verizon Wireless IT development life cycle and processes.Including, but not limited to Agile Methodologies and processes.
* Thorough knowledge of systems and tools used by the BGCO (ACSS, VISION, WFM, Info Manager, Relationship Manager, My Business Portal, Digital First Applications, Quality Systems, etc.).
* Understanding of Core Billing and POS systems, B2B centric applications, and ECPD.
* Strong experience using Google G-Suite Applications and Microsoft Office Applications.
* Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
* Experience with Artificial Intelligence and automation technologies is highly preferred.
* Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Proven ability to lead. Highly self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.