Are you interested in driving exceptional security for customers? Do you have a passion for cutting edge technologies and complex problem solving? Do you see security and compliance as a business enabler? Do you enjoy leading technical teams in search of innovative solutions? Amazon Web Services' (AWS) business continues to expand its global presence and customer facing services and we are looking for a highly motivated Security Assurance Technical Program Manager to lead our Security and Compliance Onboarding Team. As part of the AWS Security Assurance team (Risk & Compliance), this role leads a technical team building the bridges between security, technology, and compliance by working directly with all of our AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, security teams, and related Amazon corporate teams to dive deep and assess security implementation, partner with teams for solutions, and drive applicable remediation that prepares AWS services for formal compliance audits. This candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security professional who has the ability to dive deep into a variety of complex architectures. The role will help drive and scale the onboarding program through innovative process changes across multiple organizations and teams engaging engineering and development teams up to senior leadership.
This candidate will draw upon exemplary program/project management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for new challenges; additionally be creative, self-directed and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with assertively cross-functional teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
You will act as a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet your program goals. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach.
This position will be responsible for:
* Hiring and developing a technical team - supporting them through escalation support and building scalable processes
* Evaluating business processes to align AWS services to AWS controls and compliance programs
* Supporting service impact assessments of existing and emerging compliance programs
* Supporting process improvement and security implementation projects in coordination with the service teams
* Driving leadership communications to service teams and stakeholders of onboarding requirements/status and service impact
* Confirming readiness of services for audit and/or certification
* Liaising between AWS Security Assurance Attestation program and AWS Service teams and managing stakeholder relationships
* Developing a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place that support the AWS Compliance program and guiding control owners in documenting their control activities
* Assisting with linking: standard operating procedures, controls, monitoring, and reporting with the goal of improving operations, compliance policies, and risk management effectiveness
* Innovation of mechanisms to better meet business processes and compliance requirements
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.