Job ID R1907063-2 Date posted May. 30, 2019
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies. VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
The VMware Telco Business Group is responsible for producing and selling mission-critical cloud solutions for wide area telecom network environments. We assist VMware product management and engineering to bring together existing VMware products into pre-configured telco solutions. We then help the VMware field sell and deliver these solutions into telecommunications service providers worldwide. Through our flagship solutions, we help VMware and our customers stay at the forefront of innovation in telecommunications networks.
The Sr. Manager, Technical Field Readiness, will play an instrumental role in developing, managing and delivering technical training/education programs for the direct field, partners and customers. The individual will work closely together across multiple cross functional teams to ensure content and enablement priorities, requirements and commitments are being managed and delivered to mutually agreed upon scope and schedule. Cross functional teams include (but not limited to) Solution Architects, Product Management & Marketing, VMware's Field Readiness & Certification teams.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be comfortable in driving and delivering technical sales training programs and certifications. A successful candidate will be sales and business focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently and cross functionally under time constraints. The person will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. This role will include a mix of long-term strategic projects and short-term execution oriented projects.
* Drive success and adoption of technical enablement and education programs for VMware Telco sales engineers, partners and customers
* Provide thought leadership to enhance the quality and impact on field training/enablement initiatives.
* Work with cross functional Telco leads and business subject matter experts to scope, create, package and deliver technical sales trainings to drive successful execution in the geos.
* Develop and maintain project plans including charter, scope, schedules, dependencies, risk assessment and mitigation plans.
* Provide clear and timely communication regarding the status of project/s - schedule, budget, progress to date, risks etc. to relevant stakeholders and executive management.
* Drive continuous improvement of processes, methodology, templates, best practices etc. based on sales/geo and team feedback.
* 10+ years of experience in developing and/or managing technical sales training content and programs.
* Telecommunications industry experience and technical educational background is required. VMware product/solutions knowledge would be a huge plus.
* Ability to learn fast, shift directions even faster and work collaboratively on a highly effective team.
* Exceptional skills in teaming, attention to detail, tracking, and reporting in a highly dynamic environment.
* Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
* Experience in working with multiple business units concurrently in a fast paced environment.
* Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality deliverables.
* International and domestic travel will be required.
* Bachelors degree required. Masters or equivalent experience preferred.
Apply now Apply now