Amazon's NoSQL services such as ElastiCache and DynamoDB are massive at-scale services that are powering some of the top companies in the world. At Amazon, we build some of the largest distributed systems in the world and we're looking for top talent to help not only deliver the next top tier service but also to help grow the business at the same time.
We're on the lookout for a leader who is passionate about caching systems, distributed systems and people. In this position, you will be leading the engineering team behind a distributed caching service for AWS and as a result we'll need you to not only lead the team in making the right technical decisions, but also partner with product management to ensure that we're making the right calls for the business at the same time.
In the larger scope of the role, you will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional database services were built and thinking how to build database services best suited for the cloud.
You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these database services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers and provide leadership on complex technical issues.
You will manage teams and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology, and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a senior manager of software development in AWS, you will part of the larger technical leadership community that forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, hires top talent engineers, and ultimately enables us to deliver to our customers innovative new solutions rapidly.
This position within ElastiCache represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, the product, and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
* Build, lead, and mentor high performing teams that do core software development.
* Lead the design, implementation, and deployment of successful highly distributed, large scale services.
* Responsible for identifying, commissioning and leading work on complex, large-scale systems that have a major impact on the entire company.
* Serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
* Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
* Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals.
* Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
* Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
* Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.