Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people's intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Based in our Austin, TX Headquarters, this position reports to the Senior Director of Global Real Estate & Facilities (GRE&F). The ideal candidate will be a self-driven and motivated individual who has a continuous improvement mindset in how they engage their responsibilities. Taking pride of ownership and being passionate about Physical Security and the impact of safe and secure Workplace environments is vital!
As a leadership role within the Global Real Estate & Facilities group, this individual will develop and execute a global corporate-wide life safety and security program; establishing policies and procedures in each of Forcepoint's locations globally based on proven methodologies and current thinking from the security and law enforcement industry. The Sr Manager, Physical Security will ensure our employees, in the locations they work, have consistent, effective and appropriate access control, workplace safety and incident management protection and procedures.
This position will be required to collaborate and work closely with multiple parts of the business, and functional groups within Forcepoint. Additionally, working closely with law enforcement on a macro and local level will be essential for the effectiveness of the function.
Physical Security of our employees and those working or visiting our locations is a team sport requiring strong communication and collaboration skills.
* Oversee the daily operations of physical security. Includes implementation of physical security controls, incident management, reporting and resolution
* Partner with business leaders across the globe to develop and implement life safety and security programs designed to meet the needs of the business in the places we operate.
* Manage the global physical security program to include: physical security, access control, site risk assessments, incident response and management, etc.
* Ensure Forcepoint remains abreast of industry trends and is continuously improving life safety and security processes and practices to mitigate evolving risks
* Maintain strong ties with Local, State and Federal Government law enforcement officials to ensure Forcepoint is able to respond appropriately to events or crises. A special emphasis is required in the Austin area where we maintain our global headquarters.
* Provide support and advice to Forcepoint staff for meetings and events within their regions / countries for the purpose of protecting the people attending as well as the protection of the company's reputation
* Monitor and advise on regional security developments and security incidents
* Assist in the development (life safety and physical security aspects) of business continuity plans to include developing and documenting plans for emergency action plans, incident response, crisis management, and business recovery
* Promote, life safety and security best practices and instill a culture of collective and individual responsibility for practicing awareness at all times
* Create and deliver life safety and security training to employees, contractors, and security staff
Education, Experience, and Skills
* Bachelor's Degree in the Administration of Justice, Homeland Security, or equivalent experience
* Master's degree a plus
* 10+ years of experience in public safety, law enforcement, or corporate security field
* Excellent relationship, persuasion/influence, presentation, and communication (verbal/written) skills
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
* Requires experience evaluating and designing physical security measures
* Requires experience defining and managing corporate security metrics
* Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in a combined physical security / business continuity environment where they played an active role in business continuity / crisis management planning and response
* Must be available during evenings and weekends to respond to unexpected emergencies and situations at any of Forcepoint's locations globally, especially in the Austin area.
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Knowledge and experience with physical security standards outlined in compliance regulations such as ISO, SOC, NIST, FEDRamp, etc.
* Experience working with physical access control systems, such as Genetec, C-Cure, etc.
* Physical certification such as PSP, PSC, etc.
* Incident command certification such as IS-100/700, NIMS
* Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems
* Up to 25% travel
* Strong communication skills both written and oral
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and to collaborate with other stakeholders.