Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Natural Language Processing Research
Are you a researcher in natural language processing? Do you want to see your work have a major impact, both in the AI field and for customers? Capital One is seeking a Senior Manager, Natural Language Processing Research to take the natural language and dialogue capabilities of our text- and speech-based intelligent assistants for banking to the next level.
You'll conduct research on natural language understanding, dialogue systems, question answering, and/or story understanding. You'll contribute your own research ideas, while also working closely with engineering, product, and design teams to create research-based solutions that help our business and its customers. You'll develop algorithms, write code, identify and create appropriate datasets, train machine learning models, and publish papers. You'll build proofs of concept and bring AI components into production in the cloud. You'll design and implement techniques for continuously improving the components based on customer interactions. You have excellent strategic thinking, reasoning, communication, and collaboration skills.
* At least 2 years of experience with deep learning and neural networks
* At least 4 years of experience in natural language processing or computational linguistics
* At least 4 years of experience with machine learning
* Ph.D. in computer science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, or computational linguistics
* 2+ years of experience with agile software development
* 2+ years of experience with public cloud
* 2+ years of experience with open source technologies
* 4+ years of experience performing research in artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep neural networks, natural language understanding, syntactic parsing, semantic parsing, dialogue systems, natural language generation, question answering, textual entailment, commonsense reasoning, and/or story understanding
* 4+ years of experience programming in Python or Java
* Publications in AAAI, ACL, COLING, EMNLP, ICLR, ICML, IJCAI, NAACL HLT, NIPS, SIGDIAL, and/or UAI
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.