Clarendon Center (12089), United States of America, Arlington, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Manager, Full Stack Software Engineer
At Capital One Labs we explore the intersection of emerging technology and finance. We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference as a technology company in consumer finance. In this role you will learn about the various business and technical areas in Capital One and so prepare you for a rotation into the larger organization.
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
* Research emerging technologies and build prototypes for our domains
* Cultivate innovation and a high-performing team
* Lead designs of software components, systems, and features
* Manage individual project's priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise
* Mentor team members on design techniques and coding standards
* Work with non-engineering disciplines to create product roadmaps and delivery roadmaps
* Work with architecture team to design and develop solutions that are resilient and scalable.
The person we are looking for will:
* Have a sense of intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning
* Be a team player
* Be self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
* Possess good communication and reasoning skills
* Mentor and guide engineers
* Have a growth mindset
* Encourage innovation, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 8 years of experience in full stack software engineering
* At least 3 years of experience managing a team
* Master's Degree or PhD
* 2+ years working on consulting or client service engagements
* 2+ years building applications that use statistical or machine learning methods
* 2+ years utilizing distributed computing or cloud-based solutions
* AWS Certification
Find more information about roles @capitalonelabs by visiting our websitewww.capitalonelabs.com.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.