As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for providing thought leadership and acting in direct support of the EPMO Portfolio Lead who is accountable for:
(1) Defining and regulating the processes associated with Program and Project Management;
(2) Assessing industry strategic directions and formulating best practices and process evolution strategies. This position also requires significant interaction with cross-functional departments within the Corporation.
* Provide thought leadership and act in direct support of the EPMO Portfolio Lead for the following: * Organize matrix structure to facilitate management of multiple related projects under a PMO (Program Management Office). * Architect PMO approach based on situational aspects of assigned endeavor. * Operationalize and monitor PMO structures; modify as required to achieve efficiencies. * Review project budget and schedules under the PMO structures. * Determine required resources, acquire and manage resources, assist in negotiating external resource pricing and discounting as dictated by assigned endeavor * Establish best practices in project and program management for the Corporation; leveraging PMI (Project Management Institute) standards. * Establish, maintain and provide management reporting using appropriate metrics as required by endeavor. * Where appropriate, establish and operationalize policy as required. * Select, develop, motivate, compensate and deploy assigned staff.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree and 8 years of experience in project/program management, or 10 years of experience in project/program management. * Experience managing professional staff. * Strategic business focus and understanding; customer-focused perspective. * Organization, communication, facilitation skills - able to interact credibly with executive management. * Long-term focus and ability to make recommendations regarding difficult complex strategic decisions. * Ownership for making recommendations for decisions related to approving, rejecting, and discontinuing projects. * Negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to create an open environment where conflicts as to project priorities and funding decisions can be aired and resolved in an objective manner. * Understanding of technical concepts to the industry and products/services of the company. * Ability to instill trust, motivate, work with other people, ability to lead a team (in multiple locations). *Excellent interpersonal skills, team building, organizational and mentoring skills. * Cost accounting and budgeting knowledge. * Ability to develop strong working relationships with all relevant parties, especially at an executive level. * Regular in-person attendance at the designated facility of the job posting.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Consulting experience. * Health insurance industry experience. * PMP Certification * Knowledge of Clarity PPM system and expertise in Microsoft Suite, including Excel, PPT, Word, Project
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requirements: Expertise Project Management, Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location TX - Richardson, IL - Chicago
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.