Sr. IT Systems Administrator
Livermore, CA or Remote
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world's leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
Formfactor IT is looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator who will be primarily responsible for the deployment, maintenance, and configuration of a broad array of IT infrastructure systems throughout all of our offices. The primary areas of responsibility are systems (Windows and Linux/Solaris), virtualization, domain management, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, and backup/restore operations.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a small and efficient IT team. You are comfortable supporting both networks and systems. This position will work closely with the senior members of the team to support and implement IT services.
YOUR KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plan and build computer environments that support business requirements as well as long-term strategic goals in conjunction with end-users and business units
* Cable, rack, install and maintain IT related equipment in datacenters
* Administer and manage virtual systems and environments
* Ensure the availability, integrity and security of systems and data on host and end-user computers
* Administer user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage
* Evaluate, test and implement vendor patches/upgrades for various hardware and software
* Help perform systems, network and security IT and/or Sox audits.
* Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers and systems. Escalate incidents as necessary.
* Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures, drawings and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
* Assist with networking equipment including switches, routers and firewalls
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* BSc/MSc degree in the field of computer science, information technology, or similar.
* A minimum of 5+ years of work experience as a Systems or IT Administrator in an IT corporate environment
* Proficiency in core domain services management: AD/DHCP/DNS/LDAP/GPOs/Azure AD.
* Proficiency in administering or managing on-premise/hybrid Exchange and O365.
* Deep understanding of Virtualization (VMWare ESXi/vSphere Hypervisor, vMotion, High Availability, FT, Data Protection, vShield Endpoint, and vSphere Replication).
* Proficiency and experience in installing, deploying, and managing Windows servers, Linux servers, cloud based infrastructure (Azure or AWS) is a plus.
* Proven ability to manage, patch, deploy software to servers with an endpoint management system (WSUS, SCCM, etc.)
* Experience in Enterprise Collaboration & Storage Management (Sharepoint, Nimble/Dell/NetApp - SAN, LUNs, FiberChannel, and iSCSI)
* Familiarity with Solaris OS/Oracle management is a plus.
* Experience with Veeam & Veritas Backup solutions.
* Good understanding of network systems, LAN, WAN, and WLAN.
* Good knowledge of teleconference based systems and services (Skype for Business, MS Teams)
* Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Python, Perl)
* Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on assigned projects
* Ability to work in a changing environment while maintaining quality and productivity
* Familiarity with development & engineering labs support
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment.
* Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Skilled at working within a global team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Ability to work nights or weekends, as needed, to perform regular onsite maintenance or on call duties
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
FormFactor designs, manufactures, and sells probe cards, analytical probes, probe stations, integrated measurement systems, thermal sub-systems, and reliability test systems.