The Senior IT Support Specialist will provide hands-on support for local and remote clients as well as support to building engineering who in turn support of critical building management systems, such as Security, HVAC systems, Water Management, and Building Internet of Things (IOT). Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills along with exemplary customer service skills. Must have solid understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems, Applications and Technologies, LAN/WAN Routing and be able to troubleshoot issues that end users encounter. The engineer will support end users with software and hardware issues and must be able to effectively analyze, troubleshoot, research, resolve, track, and when necessary escalate issues. Must be very detail oriented and able to effectively and accurately document various technical issues utilizing a call tracking tool.
The Senior IT Support Specialist works collaboratively with other Cousins technology staff and management, as well as with outside vendors where appropriate, to ensure the infrastructure that is both reliable and extensible. Ongoing self-education on technology trends and opportunities is critical to the long-term success of the enterprise.
Role and Responsibilities
* Provide technical support for Desktop and Laptop computers
* Provide technical support for collaborative technologies, including email, unified communications, as well as audio/visual and video conferencing systems
* Provide technical support for Apple iPhones
* Provide technical support for Building IOT
* Provide technical support for Data, WIFI and Voice networks, including performance and security
* Works with the other members of the BTS team to monitor and respond to events to ensure system uptime and stability
* Ensure that change control and other processes and procedures are followed and that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified
* Responsible for engaging and managing vendor escalations, as required
* Provide timely and clear communications to customers/users on status and resolution of problems
* Provide in-person support when required for Cousins employees in the Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, and Tempe, Az. markets
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Minimum of three plus years technical experience required.
* To be considered candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* An AA degree in an IT related field strongly preferred.
* An A+, MCDST, MCP, CSS and/or MCSE Certifications are desired but not required.
Knowledge and Abilities
* Strong understanding of various operating systems
* Strong knowledge of authentication and directory services (Active Directory, etc.)
* Understanding of Windows management and automation (PowerShell, imaging, group policy)
* Strong knowledge of collaborative technologies, such as Office 365, SharePoint and Zoom
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
* Knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills (VLAN, static routes, diagnosing routing problems, configuring ports, etc.)
* Understanding of Windows and network security
* Understanding of meeting support technologies, including audio and video presentation systems, and video conferencing
* Analytical and process-oriented approach to issues and tasks
* Task-focused and results-oriented delivery
* Effective both independently and as a member of the team
* Customer service oriented
* Highly effective interpersonal and organizational skills
* Effective verbal and written communication
* Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Environments
* Microsoft Office 365
* Okta Identity Access Management and SSO
* Mimecast Email Archiving
* Cisco Networking
* Avaya IP Office Telephony
* Various Wireless WIFI
* Cisco VPN
* Mobile Platforms (iOS and Android)
Some travel will be required, including Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and Tempe Az.
Cousins Properties is an equal opportunity employer.