Under the direction of the Director, Ambulatory Decision Support, this position serves as a liaison between business clients and information services teams to identify effective technology solutions: works to identify business requirements, researches optional solutions, facilitates system design and user validation testing, and advocates for productivity / process improvements. The candidate must have a solid understanding of business operations within a clinical environment.
Essential Values-Based, Leadership and Management Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System.
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
(As defined on the attached Values-Based Competency Model Form.)
* Partner with clients to identify key business problems and opportunities.
* Partner with other IS teams, vendors, and product user communities to identify possible solutions. Keep informed regarding healthcare trends and opportunities afforded by emerging technologies.
* Work with client leadership and staff to review existing policies, procedures, and practices and to develop best practices that take advantage of information technologies and systems.
* Work with technology vendors to change or add functionality as required to meet business needs.
* Problem solving and analysis: utilize effective and creative problem solving techniques within standard information systems best practices to develop quality solutions and resolve problems.
* Project implementation: perform as a productive project team member for software implementation projects, including system design, testing, and support.
* Utilize the St. Joseph Way of performance improvement: Notice abnormalities and communicate them right away. Follow standard work and work with team to continuously improve standards.
* Responsible for identifying informational reporting needs and designing reports and tools.
* Mentor Business Analyst I and/or other IS staff, as required.
* May be asked to provide application support.
* Provide application support and develop and implement reports for decision support.
* May assist with project management activities and system administration activities
* Assist and coordinate and/or train users and IS staff regarding the use of software and IT solutions as needed.
* Assist with monitoring and identify opportunities for improving business processes by leveraging new or existing technologies as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Age-Related Competencies: Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the population served.
Information Management: Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security. Maintains all practices to protect PHI and follow HIPAA guidelines.
Risk Management: Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
Safety Requirements: Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Education: Requires bachelor's degree in healthcare, information systems, or related field. Relevant experience and/or appropriate certifications may be substituted with a High School diploma or equivalent degree.
* Two (2) plus years experience using following TSQL/SSRS/BIDS/SSIS/SSRM required.
* Requires two (2) plus years experience in a business analyst and leadership role.
* One (1) year experience in business process redesign and IT project implementation efforts required.
* Previous customer support experience required.
* Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (specifically, Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, and Visio).
* Requires previous experience in TSQL, sFTP, SSIS, and SSRS.
Other: Valid California Driver's License and automobile insurance for employee-owned vehicles.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
* Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of business analytical practices and methodologies.
* Ability to translate technology terms into language clients can understand.
* Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Effective meeting facilitation and group leadership skills.
* Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills; strong financial/math skills.
* Working knowledge of HIPAA requirements within a medical group/IPA setting or relevant experience within a claims processing environment in an insurance company.
* Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly and constantly changing environment.
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to facilitate the design of report solutions.
* Knowledge of databases and file structures.
* Manage expectations and effective communication to stakeholders, business leaders, as well as internal and external IT stakeholders and leaders.
* Systematic and orderly planning abilities, with a high attention to details.
* Excellent follow up to ensure the timeliness of deliverables that are completed with a high degree of quality, thoroughness, and accuracy.
* Ability to work effectively and interact with all levels of management including executive leadership.
* Customer-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and efficiently with an appropriate sense of urgency.
* Ability to travel between St. Joseph Health locations.
* Improving Performance: The SJ Way is the way the IS Department does our work using Toyota Production System methodologies in a culture of continuous improvement. We view every member of our team as a problem solver, empowered to recognize and communicate problems and identify new and better ways to do our jobs that eliminate waste and increase value for our customers and users of IT.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
* Previous experience in the following Microsoft tools: TSQL/SSRS/BIDS/SSIS/SSAS, highly desirable.
* Two (2) plus years of healthcare information systems experience applying analytical methodologies, with specific experience utilizing business and/or clinical applications.
* Two (2) plus years of experience providing systems implementation and support in a health care environment.
* Hands-on experience with ambulatory information systems (practice management, claims management, or electronic health record system) preferred.
* Experience with system integration and electronic data interchange preferred.
* Intermediate to advanced level of knowledge of project management practices and methodologies highly desirable.
Physical Requirements: Sitting for long periods of time, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying up to 15 lbs., and grasping. Ability to travel between SJHH Locations.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.