The Sr. IT Business Analyst (“Sr. BA”) focuses on the interpretation of business rules and requirements for technical systems The Sr. BA strives to understand and synthesize Business Requirements, Functional..." />
Your user session will timeout in 5 minutes. Please click OK to continue with your application.
Sr. IT Business Analyst
* The Sr. IT Business Analyst ("Sr. BA") focuses on the interpretation of business rules and requirements for technical systems
* The Sr. BA strives to understand and synthesize Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Stakeholder Requirements, Quality of Service Requirements and Implementation Requirements, Report Specifications
* The Sr. BA will have a global view of the corporate data infrastructure, and is in a strategic position to maximize efficiency in data architecture design
* The Sr. BA is able to function interchangeably as a PM as it relates to software projects
* The Sr. BA is a "practice leader" and champions best practices for Business Analyst methods within the IT department
Per Project Basis
* Design, test and deploy customizations, custom objects, third party tools / applications and new NetSuite functionality
* Design, implement, and maintain configurations and customizations of NetSuite to meet evolving business needs
* Design, implement, and maintain 3rd party software connections to NetSuite to support various business needs
* Lead or support defining and implementing practical business solutions based on Salesforce.com technology
* Assist with the scoping and planning of Salesforce.com and CRM related projects
* Participate in requirements analysis reviews of inbound project requests related to new systems or changes to existing systems
* Evaluate requirements and determine true business value for work requested
* Develop detailed business requirements documentation that will aid in project justification
* Develop when require functional specifications for recommended work
* Evaluate cost estimates for outsourced work when required
* Work with business users to develop use cases for testing of new functionality
* Prepare help content (or manage the process) for new systems and orientation of the application functionality to users
* Interface with development team, systems team, vendors and stakeholders to ensure all understand business process, technical requirements and communication is effective
* Leads testing phases with stakeholders, is the liaison for change management during the development/testing cycles
* Provides status updates on weekly basis
* Maintain the NetSuite application and other related 3rd party business applications for internal users
* Provide regular training and ongoing system / technical support to NetSuite users
* Provide front line support with regards to all aspects of NetSuite and data integrity
* Review scheduled system upgrades, and determine impact on Kofax processes, configurations, and customizations
* Identify, evaluate and recommend other key technologies and best practices required to support and improve the business process centered on the NetSuite platform
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of NetSuite functionality, features, and tool
* Owns Help Desk ticket assignment SLA as with all other IT members.
* Continuously improving the effectiveness of BA work by promoting concepts and tools
* Shares lessons learned with the IT team
* Shares responsibility for supporting collaboration platform SharePoint with the PMO
While the job description describes what is anticipated as the requirements of the position, the job requirements are subject to change based upon any changing needs and requirements of the business
* Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
* Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
* Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
* Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
* Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
* Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
* Problem Solving
* Identifies critical issues with ease.
* Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
* Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
* Generates enthusiasm among team members.
* Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
* Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
* Manages the process of innovative change.
* Facilitates effective team interaction.
* Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
* Follows through on planned analysis
* Receives positive input from Business stakeholders he/she interfaces with
* Successful implementation of specified applications
* Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
* Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
* Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
* Manages client expectations effectively.
* Mentor other Business Analysts when needed
* May take on PM responsibilities when needed
* Interfaces with all levels, including executive management
Kofax Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
* Knowledge of software development and programming practices
* Ability to create and debug NetSuite custom records, workflows and scripts
* Experience making customizations to the NetSuite system
* Knowledge of report writing and creation of saved searches in NetSuite
* Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex issues
* Demonstrated Sr. BA work with large scale applications that may include ERP, CRM, financial applications
* Experience in Distributed Software Development
* Excellent English communication skills required
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment and possesses past success in bringing different business cultures together towards common goals
* Ability to lead through respect / influence
* Experience and success working with virtual teams that span departments and time zones
* Excellent mentoring and coaching skills
* Ability to build relationships with and between people of different backgrounds
* Experience with a full cycle NetSuite implementation
* Experience in system integration testing and unit testing
* Experience in either the Sales or Service Cloud platforms
* Five years of Business Analyst experience
BA or equivalent work experience
BA or equivalent work experience